Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    missiondc Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2010, 01:19 PM
    My bldg. fire alarm smoke detector zone keeps giving an alarm even when board is rese
    Want to troubleshoot my fire alarm system having trouble with my 5th floor smokes they keep giving an alarm when there is'nt one could it be my end of line resistor? What could it be? Need a starting point.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Jan 27, 2010, 03:34 PM
    The EOL only provides a current flow to prove the circuit is working. Could be a tripped or defective/dirty detector. You can remove one detector at a time to see if one is tripping out to general alarm.. You will get a trouble alarm because a detector is missing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Not sure what to answer in Zone Alarm [ 1 Answers ]

Windows 7 - just downloaded Zone Alarm and it is asking : "SupportSoft Agent is trying to access the Internet" deny/allow Can someone tell me what SSA is? And if I should be allowing it or not. Thanks

Smoke / Fire Alarm in Kitchen [ 4 Answers ]

Hi. One of the smartest things I did in my addition / remodel project was to install hardwired, interconnected smoke / CO detectors throughout the house. One of the dumbest things I did was put one in my kitchen. Naturally it goes off anytime the oven is used. If I move the kitchen (1st...

Alarm goes off but not because of smoke [ 6 Answers ]

the smoke detector alarm goes off but its not because of smoke. What could be the other probable reasons? Is condensation a probability? Is getting a central humidifier going to solve the problem? What would be a good route to take?

Smoke alarm [ 3 Answers ]

How come my hardwired smoke alarms are chirping?

Smoke Alarm [ 1 Answers ]

We have a smoke alarm direct wired into the house. It continues to chirp periodically. What causes this and how can we make it stop? Its wired not battery operated so its not a dead battery. Thanks, Eric

View more questions Search