Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SENSITIVE Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2010, 11:16 AM
    What does 97 keystrokes per minute mean?
    What does 97 keystrokes per minute mean - does it also count empty spaces (Bar space being used), I gave a test online and it says 47 words per minute without any error. Where I am at to quality for 97 keystrokes per minute ?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 27, 2010, 06:36 PM

The keystrokes has to do with data entry. To be considered good at data entry you need to have at least 10,000 KPH. That's about the speed you would achieve with typing about 65-70 WPM.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 27, 2010, 08:43 PM
    Hi, SENSITIVE!

Is this concerning just typing or ten-key, please?

Thanks!
    SENSITIVE Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2010, 09:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Hi, SENSITIVE!

Is this concerning just typing or ten-key, please?

Thanks!

This was concerning just typung.
    But can you tell me what is the ten-key average one should have ?

What are the best ways to improve on typing speed. Is it wise to go word by word and not tyring to put your knowledge of spellings - and for 10-key typing, is there a side tabular of keys given separatley, or computer keypads are only to be used. I am going out for a test, and need to prepare by then, to the best I can.

Thanks,
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 28, 2010, 10:24 AM
    Hi again, SENSITIVE!

I think that if a person was going to go to a temp agency for a job, that most temp agencies will require a person to be able to type at least 5,000 keystrokes per hour (kph). I've seen jobs advertised in the paper and online where the employers require the person to be at 9,000+ kph.

If you practice your typing on a daily basis and continue to work at a steady pace, you will improve your speed and accuracy.

Most desktop keyboards have the ten-key on the right side of the keyboard. If someone has a laptop, then sometimes they might have to purchase a separate ten-key keypad for it.

Here is the link to one of my favorite sites to practice typing and the ten-key.

Typing Test - Learn2Type.com - learn to type online FREE typing tutor and typing tests, typing certification

What kind of place is it where you're going to be taking the tests, please?

Thanks!
    WunderKind60 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2013, 01:16 PM
    What would 30 words per minute translate to?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Automatic keystrokes! [ 3 Answers ]

hi there. I've got perhaps some sort o spyware issue or virus. At random (usually 5 minute intervals) my computer starts automatically typing the letter "f". Had to cut and paste that one because once it starts the only way to stop it is to "backspace" until it clears all the letters its...

How Many Keystrokes Per Minute Required for Bank Data Entry [ 1 Answers ]

I am already doing contract data entry part-time, but am looking for full-time work. Since my area is the second biggest banking center in the country and jobs are scarce elsewhere, I would like to know 1. What is the minimum CPM banks will accept? 2. What cpm do I really need to enhance my...

KPH - keystrokes per hour on 10-key. What is a good speed? [ 4 Answers ]

I've tested several times between 9,000 - 10,000 KPH on 10-key numerical data entry tests. However, I have no idea how good or bad this is? Is there a standard by which a prospective employer would want for a minimum KPH for a data entry job? I have not been able to find anything on the...

Last minute [ 3 Answers ]

How can I avoid doing my projects or homeworks last minute?

View more questions Search