Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kohoutek Posts: 83, Reputation: 3

Jan 27, 2010, 08:34 AM
    Why do I keep having bizarre dreams about my late grandmother?
    I'm not sure where this belongs, but hopefully I'm in the right place. I kept meaning to Google the meaning of this dream but seeing as it's quite specific, I've not had any luck - and I can usually count on you guys for some input. :)

My grandmother died in October last year, it wasn't sudden but it wasn't really expected. Ever since then, I've been having this recurring dream (probably about 6 or 7 times since). It's not that the dream repeats itself, but the situation does.

I dream that my grandmother is walking, talking, moving around - being exactly how I remember her basically, all her quirks and mannerisms - but she's dead. And I know she's dead, and all my family know she's dead, but she has no idea. I spend the dream trying to protect her from finding out that she's died. At one point in the dream last night, which is a new occurrence, there was a mysterious man who came to check up on her to see how we were looking after her whilst she was dead. He said things like "You know she shouldn't really be up and walking around, she should be in bed." and things like that. In the dream, I know that we can't keep her forever, and we're going to have to let her go, but I've never actually gotten to the point of the dream where we do tell her what's happened to her and let her go.

I would be grateful if anyone could shed any light on what these dreams could mean? I've not had a recurring dream this frequent and this vivid in a long time. I'm not on any medications and I don't think I'm having any problems in my real life that this could be symbolising...
    dragonkinsoul Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2010, 08:59 AM

Well, I am not the best judge on this kind of dream, but I can offer some input. When someone dies, they can go three or sometimes four places, the obvious heaven/hell answer, or limbo, but they can get stuck on earth, or to a person. Sometimes they cannot find their way, especially if their family members don't necessarily want to accept that fact. What you could do is try to control the dream, and try to tell her that she is deceased, but I am sure she has a choice to watch over you, or go to where she is supposed to be. The person that has shown up recently could be a representitive of God, trying to say let her go, OR it could be a representitive of the devil. If a spirit has no idea where to go, they can sometimes be misled, or dragged to where they are not supposed to be. She may be in trouble if she knows not her situation. Most likely, her walking around in the dream could mean that she is free to move around, and is able to be led anywhere. If I were the one having these dreams, I would try to tell her in the lightest, but most truthful way, that she has passed on, and she needs to decide where she belongs. One in heaven is free to check in, but one dragged to hell is in a cage. Do as you see necessary, but also try to realize the consequences of what you do. I hope this helps! I wish I could send a fore finite answer, but every situation is different, and has different consequences thusly.
    STR8TEXAN Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2012, 11:06 PM
    I don't have an answer but i also am having very vivid dreams about my grandma who passed away two and 1/2 years ago. She was my kindred spirit and best friend and i miss her so much. I keep having weird dreams about her being gone on a trip and then she comes back and alol is normal. Sometimes i dream that she is on this trip and i can't find her and no one tells me where she is. The other day i dreamt that she was buried alive and we had to dig her up and then she was okay. Then lastnight i dreamt that she was in a hospital alone because she didn't want the family to watch her die. When i found out i went to see her and she was in the hospital bed but in her right mind... we talked and i helped her go to the bathroom, etc... i love dreaming about her when she is healthy and okay but sometimes these dreams are crazy. I don't think i have accepeted the fact that she is gone??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Disturbing and confusing dreams in late pregnancy. [ 4 Answers ]

I'm 32 weeks pregnant and for the last few nights I've had very disturbing and confusing dreams. I'm concerned because I woke up this morning really confused and emotional. I can't remember much of my dream and I'm still feeling very confused and not quite with it. This has never happened before...

What is the name of this bizarre children's toy? [ 1 Answers ]

There was a toy in the early 90's that was just a plastic neck and head and involved players reaching up its nose to pull out a bigger. You lost if you pulled out a specific booger that cause the top of the head to open and the brain to pop out. It was rather gross but I think entertaining for...

Bizarre behavior [ 1 Answers ]

My nephew is 21 and exhibiting bizarre behaviors. I need advise on what to do for him. Todd's background ~ His parents were serious drug users. He lived with them until around age 10, at which time his grandparents acquired guardianship of him. They tried to provide him with opportunities to...

Shocking and bizarre treatment, [ 5 Answers ]

Lets see how many ideas you all come up with. Keep in mind all the treatments standardly used have unusual answers. Your cat drank a small amount of antifreeze yesterday. What do I do? My golden is 85 pounds an he eats anything, about an hour ago he knocked over over his biscuit jar witch...

View more questions Search