Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    frostybabygurl Posts: 117, Reputation: 6

Jan 27, 2010, 06:29 AM
    Copy MY OWN games to wii
    Hi there,
    A friend of mine was telling me that you can take your wii games and install them directly to your system and never have a need for your disks again, or something like that. They directed me to the following website and told me to follow the instructions for bannerbomb.
    http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/home
    In any event, I managed to follow the instructions and I now have the homebrew channel installed, I'm unsure as to how to proceed from here. I want to copy my own personal games so I don't have to worry about them getting ruined or whatever. I believe they are supposed to copy to either an external hard drive, usb or sd card and then you don't need your disk anymore. Help!!
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Jan 27, 2010, 06:52 AM

I would recommend that you don't do this, as it breaks the warranty on your system and is a violation of their terms of service. Basically meaning that if you screw it up, you're stuck buying a new Wii.

Just use the system the way it is intended.

Jan 27, 2010, 01:21 PM

I'm aware that I can Brick my wii if it's done incorrectly, hence why I decided to ask how to it. I was under the impression that it's no more illegal than copying your own cds or dvds to your PC for your own personal use. I have 2 children and with having children, comes damage that can very easily be done to games, I don't want a game that I spent $60-$70 to be a waste if it gets all scratched up or whatever. I'm just looking for a point in the right direction.
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Jan 27, 2010, 05:27 PM

Well, my point wasn't really that you can brick it (although that is a possibility). My point was that doing this voids the warranty and Nintendo can black list you, preventing you from going online with the Wii.

If you're concerned about the discs, I would just keep them out of your children's reach. Otherwise, Best Buy does offer plans that cover damaged discs. They're usually about $5 and cover it for a year.

I also remember reading about things you can get that cover the discs and protect them. I'm not sure how well they work, but they're worth a shot: d_skin - protective disc disk skins cd dvd protector protection scratch prevention is one of them. There's other kinds too.

Jan 27, 2010, 06:46 PM

Thx, I'll have to look into that :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What games are good for the wii [ 6 Answers ]

What games are good for the wii. I have guitar hero and mario party. What other games are worth getting?

Games play games [ 3 Answers ]

I am not able to playe the microsoft games. Am using window`s XP desktop, also have same window`s on my laptok but able to playe on the laptok. The configr r the same. Don`t know what to do. Have scanned the system no virus threat!! I am trying to play Age of mythology

I Would Like To Have A Copy Of My 1099g, I Live In Florida Can I Get A Copy On-line? [ 1 Answers ]

I Would Like To Have A Copy Of My 1099g, I Live In Florida Can I Get A Copy On-line?

How do WII games work [ 1 Answers ]

How do WII games work especially dance and boxing

Wii games [ 7 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I really want some new and fun wii games to play. I already have Harry Potter, Sims 2 Pets, Guitar Hero 3 (my favorite), and of course the Wii Sports. My question is: What's the best wii game(s) out there?

View more questions Search