Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pkgk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2010, 02:11 AM
    phd in Pharmacometrics
    I am a final year student of B.Tech Bio Technology in Indian Institute of Technology, in India. I wish to do pursue research in Pharmacometrics. I applied to an university in Germany for the same a programme sponsored by pharma majors and I have got admission. Mean while some people say a PhD in any field in US university is valued much. I am in a dilemma to either accept my admission in Germany university (dead line is a few days more) or to wait for an admission in any US university which will be known only in April 2010. Is it a fact that PhD in a US university is more valuable than A Germany PhD in terms of getting an employment with pharma companies or with academics.
    rhugh Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2010, 03:18 AM

Why don't you try also some jobs sites to know the latest trends in your field so in this way you can get a proper job easily. Just check also Job Search | one search. all jobs. Indeed
    J4673 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2012, 07:54 AM
    I think if you want to go for Pharmacometrics, Probs One which is sponored by Pharma Majors would be good. But Are they ready to give you job after you graduate? With US Pharmacometrics can get you in Any Biotech/Pharma Company! With minimum salary of 84000-96000 US $ Make your choice!
    nd7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2014, 12:23 PM
    Did you finally choose to go in Germany or in the US? And what is your experience so far? I am having the same dilemma!

Thanks!
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 23, 2014, 12:31 PM
    This is a very old post and I doubt that the person will see your question.

I thought that IIT was very highly regarded, as much as anywhere in the world.
    I think it's more a matter of how well you did there, and how well you do in an interview. If you show real enthusiasm and initiative to work on new as well as existing areas of your field, that is what matters. Eager, enthusiastic, informed about the company you apply to, and make it sound like that company is the one and only company you have ever wanted to work for, and say why.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

PhD Scholarship [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am recently graduated from Finland.I m looking for scholarship for my PhD program in Finland or some other country.Since,I am very much interested to work in the field of social inclusion and exclusion,social stratification,social discrimination.Do you have any ideas regarding PhD in...

PHD Degree [ 5 Answers ]

God Morning, I would like to know if it is possible to obtain a phd for free, whether it be through scholarship,online or other. Years ago a Florida University was having trouble getting new instructors and offered a program where if you teach you get to get a Phd but then you had to stay three...

Phd without PG in Theology? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am Girish.Badireddy from India, I am a post graduate in M.A. English literature and P.G diploma in Functional English(Academic). I did Diploma in Evangelism and a certificate course in Sunday School training. I aspire to do a Phd in Theology. Is it possible to do a Phd in Theology...

View more questions Search