Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Travis Berry Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2010, 10:24 PM
    Who do I call to get a first offenders pardon?
    Hello My Name is Travis Romane Berry.I presently reside in Kentwood Louisiana.In 2005 I was convicted of Aggravated Second Degree Bettery.I served my sentence and completed my parole in Baton Rouge.Where can I go or call to get a First Offenders Pardon? And How long does the process take?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 31, 2010, 04:06 PM

You need to contact a criminal attorney on this question in your area. They would know if this is possible in Louisiana.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 31, 2010, 04:32 PM
    Louisiana has a somewhat different legal system than any other state in the US.

As in other states, a pardon only comes from the Governor, but you can have your criminal history sealed ( or explunged) by the court of record for the crime.

Any of these will require an attorney who will represent you at the hearing, telling the courts all of the good things about you.
    And the state will be there saying why you should not be allowed.

In other states, you normally have to be off sentence for about 8 to 10 years for this to happen.

But a stop with an attorney is your first place

http://www.phmartin.com/pagesPardons.htm
    rmorris Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2011, 04:26 PM
    I received a first offender pardon in 1998. I want to know if I can run for public office even if the fifteen ears haven't passed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pardon Process [ 6 Answers ]

What is the process of getting a pardon?

First time pardon [ 2 Answers ]

As my first time felon offender is there a way I can get it removed and what is the pardon do for me..

Presidential pardon [ 2 Answers ]

When a person is convicted to a term of imprisonment with hard labour and on the course of serving his term the fellow is given a presidential pardon while the case still hang on him. Does a new government own the privilege to reign the same person to court on the same charges.

Trying to get an apartment with a pardon? [ 2 Answers ]

My girlfriend is trying to move out on her own, an she is having a problem due to her stupid, past legal problems. In 1999, she plead guilty to possession with intent to sell, she says that she took te rap for everyone and that's why the charged her with "intent to sell," but that really doesn't...

Pardon Exceptions? [ 1 Answers ]

Hey, I was charged with theft OVER $5000 when I was around 19 and convicted with Theft Under $5000 With community service and 18 month probation. I am now 23 and I have put that part of my life behind me. I have a great career in advertising and most importantly I have learned my lesson. I...

View more questions Search