Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    EmoPrincess Posts: 1,068, Reputation: 92
    Ultra Member

Jan 26, 2010, 08:01 PM
    Talk to your family. Tell them the effects. But if they are like my family and don't listen, all you can do is avoid it and ignore it
    topher Posts: 65, Reputation: 3

Jan 26, 2010, 08:08 PM

I don't know it's just one of those stupid annoying things they do... ugghhhh I just guess I'm going to have to do something about it... damn it LOL. Yeah Emo Princess it seems like they don't listen that much
    Ultra Member

Jan 26, 2010, 08:10 PM

You and your girlfriend need to just ignore them. Trust me, I've been through it and still go through it.
    Ultra Member

Jan 26, 2010, 08:11 PM
    However, some of what they say may have importance. Rarely any kid/teen/young adult (or even a full grown man or woman) wants to hear criticizism, but it may be helpful in appeasing them

Jan 26, 2010, 08:20 PM

They just like to and complain about stupid stuff
    Ultra Member

Jan 26, 2010, 08:22 PM

And how do you react?

Jan 26, 2010, 08:32 PM

Like I said I've just stopped caring what they or anyone say along time ago. The guys at work say I'm a duck, it just rolls off my back like nothing happens LOL
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Jan 26, 2010, 09:18 PM

I think that nitpicking anybody for essentially, entertainment purposes, is very disrespectful.

If they had something serious to say, do it in private with the parties concerned, not a family gang-up on one individual, or that individuals girlfriend.

Cheap shots I'd say.

Continue being a duck.
    jaime90 Posts: 1,157, Reputation: 163
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2010, 03:15 PM

You can avoid what they are saying. But remember that your parents have had more experience than you, they have good intentions, and they have your best in mind, so I would take a listen as to what they have to say, and if anything, maybe even consider it.
    jaime90 Posts: 1,157, Reputation: 163
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2010, 03:35 PM

If race is the problem, I stand corrected. You need to ignore what they say and not pay them any attention. OR, if you're brave enough, confront them on it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Family issues. [ 20 Answers ]

I know I give lots of advice... I try to take my own advice. I would like to try to share a brief description of the situation and would love for you all to give me your thoughts, opinions and advice on it... Okay I have a uncle who was living with my family for a long time. Even before my...

Family issues [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! I have been married for 13 years, have 2 children, and am an education professional. In Feb, my MIL, my husband, kids, his aunt, uncle, cousins, and their son flew to Disney to have a family vacation together, and with husband's brother. We were all excited, not only to go to Disney, but...

Family issues [ 1 Answers ]

Here's my dilemma. My father in law past away in Dec 05. Before he passed he stated to the mother in law that my husband would get 1/2 of the house she agreed. We did not pursue anything just waited to see what she was going to do. Well in about 13 months she has blown through about 95k. She came...

Family Issues [ 16 Answers ]

Okay here goes a long story. Hope you are all ready for it. When I was 17 years old I left home. I had a baby sister at the age of 4 when I left. There was many problems. Many fights. Many things that led me to leave home. I went very very far away. I came back to visit a few times. ...

Family issues [ 5 Answers ]

Is It Normal For Family To Give You Up To Children`s Ade And Now That I Am 20 And Have My First Apparment They Want Something To Do With Me What Does That Mean ::

View more questions Search