Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SMOKEY2001 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2010, 07:07 PM
    Do I claim my medical bills on my taxes the year they are billed or paid?
    Do I claim my medical expenses on my taxes the year they are bill or the year they are paid?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jan 27, 2010, 07:16 AM

When paid. That's when it's an expense to you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trouble getting insurance claim paid for routine medical procedure [ 25 Answers ]

I have a bit of a problem, due to family history (1 cousin had colon cancer and my father died from it), I was sent to have a colonoscopy at 45 by my primary care physician. That was 3 weeks ago and the insurance company which is a PPO by the way not an HMO has refused payment, not just once but...

No medical treatment but billed [ 14 Answers ]

My husband fell off a ladder and the back of his arm hit me on the nose. It was bleeding a lot. I went to the emergency room and stayed for about 2 hours without medical treatment. A nurse had taken my blood pressure,weight and some medical info that took less than 5 minutes. I left to seek...

Claim medical bills on unborn child paid in 2007? [ 4 Answers ]

I am due in April 2008. But I have paid multiple medical bills so far during pregnancy in 2007. I was wondering if I could claim those payments at all this year? Or if I am only allowed to claim my child when she's born in 2008. Are medicable bills claimable. Thanks. - Melissa

No taxes paid for this year [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I'm new in the small business an horrified of the coming tax filing. I didn't pay any taxes beforehand and I'm afraid that I'm in trouble with it. I have had ONLY expenses not any income yet. What I should do? :confused:

Can I claim back FICA taxes paid? [ 1 Answers ]

I have been working with an H-1B visa. I'm going back home in April 2006 and I am not intend to come back to the US to work. Can I claim back the Social Security and Medicare taxes I've paid?

View more questions Search