Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wldgrdnr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2006, 02:34 PM
    Cutting Mirror Tiles
    I am putting in a backsplash of 6" square, beveled mirror tiles (the kind you find in crafts stores). We would like to cut rectangular holes in the tile for electrical outlets? Is there a way to do this? I have bought some extra tiles, but certainly not enough to have too many failures. These tiles appear thicker than a regular mirror. Any help/advice is sincerely appreciated. My new kitchen is nearing completion except for this task. If there is a special tool, can you let me know what that is? After reading one question on this site, I know regular glass cutters will not work.

Thanks so much for your help

Joyce P.
    corriehac Posts: 87, Reputation: -1

Nov 20, 2006, 08:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by wldgrdnr
    I am putting in a backsplash of 6" square, beveled mirror tiles (the kind you find in crafts stores). We would like to cut rectangular holes in the tile for electrical outlets? Is there a way to do this? I have bought some extra tiles, but certainly not enough to have too many failures. These tiles appear thicker than a regular mirror. Any help/advice is sincerely appreciated. My new kitchen is nearing completion except for this task. If there is a special tool, can you let me know what that is? After reading one question on this site, I know regular glass cutters will not work.

Thanks so much for your help

Joyce P.
    Try a tile cutter or a wet saw.
    skiberger Posts: 562, Reputation: 41

Nov 27, 2006, 08:38 PM
    You can also try a diamond tipped hole saw. $$$$

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mirror tiles [ 6 Answers ]

Recently I bought some mirror wall tiles and when I asked how to cut them the Home Depot employee said the only thing I could use was a little red tool with a tiny metal wheel on the end. I've about ruined all of the one package of tiles trying to cut a straight line. I must not be strong enough to...

Film on mirror [ 2 Answers ]

Any advice on the best way to clean mirrors. W are non smokers, however,it seems if there is a film on my mirrors. Also, any ideas on the best way to clean windows. My windows are old and have to be removed from the outside

Man in the Mirror... what life is all about... [ 4 Answers ]

More on loving yourself first... this is step one and must be completed before you even consider a serious relationship... When you get all you want and you struggle for self, and the world makes you king for a day, then go to the mirror and look at yourself and see what that man has...

How to hang a bedroom mirror [ 2 Answers ]

I just moved and need someone to help hang a bedroom mirror. Can anyone suggest how this can be done? Gatnus Rockaway, NJ

Drilling holes in mirror [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I've never drilled a mirror before and I need a little help, I'm mounting two wall sconces over a bathroom vanity and need two small mounting screw holes and a small hole to accommodate the wiring for each sconce. A 4' by 5' mirror is on the wall it sits in a bottom channel and is held in...

View more questions Search