Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yofuri Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2010, 04:01 PM
    Need asme code allowing no overflow drain in br sinks because of size
    I was told that sinks holding more water than 4.4 liters and second then told that sinks holding less water than 4.4 liters did not require overflow drain in bathroom sinks. Which is correct and what is the code reference for review. Lack of an overflow drain causes a hazard in households. I was surprised to find none.

Check out some similar questions!

Why would someone close off the bathroom sinks drain in sink overflow holes [ 1 Answers ]

Our house is 40 years old with the original bathroom sink... There is an overflow hole on the top inside of the sink, which is still open with water in it and smells... Some one closed off with metal on the overflow drain in the pipe you can see where the holes were... We unblocked one on the...

Kitchen sinks won't drain at all [ 1 Answers ]

My double kitchen sink was a slow drain that has turned into a sink that does not drain at all. Help! If it is a venting problem where exactly do I look for a vent or an air admittance valve? These were mentioned in previous articles.. which is great if you know what and where they are! :) We...

Sink drain overflow into dishwasher drain hose. [ 4 Answers ]

I replaced my GE Triton Profile Performance dishwasher and installed a new Bosch SHE55M0 today. After completing the installation, I ran my sink faucet, and noticed that some water was passing back through the dishwasher drain hose back toward the direction of the dishwasher. The only reason that...

Two Sinks (wall in between) Overflow problems [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have two separate bathrooms on my main floor that share a wall. The sinks in each of the rooms are mounted to this common wall so they are back to back (with wall in between). I assume that the share drain lines and water supply. During a remodeling project, I removed one of the...

Sinks, Tubs, and drains overflow! [ 2 Answers ]

In June we purchased a 150+ year old farm house and we're just starting to get to know each other. About 3 weeks ago the 2nd floor tub was draining slow, but we really didn't think it was a big deal. A week later it clogs fully. For the past 2 weeks we've been dumping septic safe hair clog...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.