Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aswondra Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2010, 02:12 PM
    Can I claim 5 kids and file jointly w/sp. Or do I allow ex to claim 2?
    I am married with 5 children, my ex husband wants to claim 2 of my kids, does it benefit me to claim 5 kidsand file jointly with my now husband or should I just let my ex claim the other 2 kids?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jan 27, 2010, 07:47 AM

It almost always benefits you to file jointly with your current husband and claim as many of your children as possible. If all 5 children live with you (not with your ex) then you are entitled to claim them, unless your divorce decree states that your ex can claim them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I claim my fianc? And his kids on my taxes [ 5 Answers ]

I am the only one who works, can I claim my fiancé and his 2 kids and get earned income tax credit? I have lived with him since oct 2008 and his kids moved in with us in feb 2009. Can I claim head of household?

How to file a small claim [ 3 Answers ]

I need to file a small claim in Buffalo, NY and need to know the procedure.

Claim with kids and more money? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm married we are now bringing in more money we're kind of lost. We bring in a combined income of $150000 we have one child and own a home. We've been claiming 0 before which brings a nice return but seems we're paying way too much through out the year any help would be great. Thank you.

How long can I claim my kids on my taxes. [ 3 Answers ]

I live in Georgia and was wondering how ling can I claim my kids on my taxes. Any help would be appreciated.. My sister lives in New York and told me that she can only claim her kids until they are 17. I am hoping that isn't true here in my state. :)

File a claim [ 15 Answers ]

Dear everyone, I sold a book on half. eBay. The receiver contacted me saying the envelope arrived without the book, it was an empty envelope! He said he has contacted the post office and try to find out it they lost it. He then said didn't find it, it wan't post office's fault, it was...

View more questions Search