Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gecko5 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2006, 02:17 PM
    Crying Animals
    Is Man the only animal who cries TEARS for EMOTIONAL feelings?
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Nov 21, 2006, 12:06 AM
    Hi Gecko,
    This is something of a controversial topic, and though most people agree elephants do exhibit a wide range of emotions, some do believe they shed tears for emotional reasons as well. Here is a good link:

http://experts.about.com/q/Wild-Anim...ephant-eat.htm

Hope this helps. :)
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Nov 26, 2006, 01:54 AM
    I once heard an anti-bulfight advocate from Spain say that bulls sometimes cry in the arena. But my search was unable to find any support for this claim except a book entitled: When Bulls Cry.
    http://www.authorhouse.com/BookStore...kid~37456.aspx

In any case, below is ink to yet another site where the question is discussed.

http://ask.yahoo.com/ask/20030313.html

Excerpt

6. Gorillas are very intelligent, and they share with us a full range of emotions: love, hate, fear, grief, joy, greed, generosity, pride, shame, empathy, and jealousy. They laugh when they are tickled and cry when they are sad or hurt. Gorillas cry with sounds, not tears.
    http://www.koko.org/kidsclub/learn/10facts.html
    sovaira Posts: 271, Reputation: 10

Dec 4, 2006, 12:20 AM
    I think animals do cry

I have observed this myself ,when I was in a village ,there was a cow whose calf was taken away and sold,she cried with tears and I saw it.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Dec 4, 2006, 06:51 AM
    I agree with Starman that Koko the gorilla is a fascinating study, especially the interaction with the kitten. I have not seen the bull book (LOL that sounded bad) but there is another marvelous book out, easy to read, that delved into that very topic called When Elephants Weep that I would lend you off my bookcase if I could. I believe all living things feel feelings beyond physical sensations, the more sophisticated the entity, the more elelaborate their palette of emotional expression. I also see much evidence that we have yet to fully understand how badly we've been misinterpretting all sorts of things about this planet, including this very topic.

Dec 4, 2006, 10:44 PM
    Almost ,all the mammals do share these feelings of love ,care ,motherhood,territorial limitation and emotions ,so I am sure that they cry when depressed or something have goe bad them ,

Have u ever heard a lonely bird cry in the evening ,that has forgotten or is missed by the rest of the flight flock.

Dec 4, 2006, 11:00 PM
    Emotion in animals considers the question whether non human animals feel in the sense humans understand it.

Different answers have been suggested throughout human history, by animal lovers, scientists, philosophers, and others who interact with animals, but the core question has proven hard to answer since we can neither obtain spoken answers, nor assume anthropomorphism. As a result, on the one hand society recognizes animals can feel pain, by criminalizing animal cruelty, and yet on the other hand it is far from clear whether we truly believe animals "feel" in a meaningful sense. Often expressions of apparent pleasure are ambiguous as to whether this is emotion, or simply innate response, perhaps to approval or other hard-wired cues. The ambiguity is a source of much controversy in that there is no certainty which views, if any, are "right". That said, extreme behaviorists would also say that human "feeling" is a meaningless, hard-wired response to external stimuli.

In recent years, research has become available which suggests strongly animals have emotions as people do, albeit lacking certain cognitive insights. This matches recent advances that have revolutionized prior understandings of animal language, cognition and tool use, and even sexuality. Emotions arise in the mammalian brain, or the limbic system, which human beings share in common with other mammals as well as many other species. This presents both a scientific dilemma

if it's a debatable issue then I would go with the fact ,tha tanimals do cry.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emotion_in_animals

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Birds and animals [ 4 Answers ]

I want to know if it's safe to paint around birds. (wall and ceiling painting.

An animated movie with animals from 70's or 80's like animal olympics [ 2 Answers ]

I remember different animals all doing different olympic events and there were these two cross country lions with this great background music and the lions didn't talk, but you could hear their thoughts to each other. There were many other events and animals, but I can't remember much else. I...

Animals/hoome lands [ 1 Answers ]

Where is the white tigers and Great Hammerhead Shark Home Land?

Animals [ 2 Answers ]

My cat was diagnosed with a lung infection. Does litter box dust or litter box deodorizers cause this problem? She is also having some type of breathing attack. Her breathing is heavy and when she has these attacks she is gasping for breath. The vet prescribed CLAVAMOX. She is an older cat over...

Non-human animals [ 4 Answers ]

Do Non-human animals have values and beliefs?

View more questions Search