Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shack1983 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2010, 01:30 PM
    Hot do you beat oxycontins
    I've been on oxycontins for 4 years now I'm a u.s. army injured veteran of iraq my lower back is hurt relly bad but I'm still in the biggest fight of my life and not with a human advisary but something that fits in the palm of your hand I never would have thought it but here I am I quit 3 weeks ago cold turkey but I still feel really tired and runned down all the time will it ever stop I know I'm not giving up on myself this time its time to stop just wanted to know how to get some energy back
    mishelly3 Posts: 300, Reputation: 16

Feb 1, 2010, 01:45 AM

I have been where your at and qyuitting cold turkey is not the answer... You don't realize how much your whole body is dependent on thos e drugs and by quitting every part of your body has some sort of a reaction... I finally talk to my dr. and she did a slow taper and kept a really close eye on me... I also was on them for four years but got off them and mase myself go to NA and have stayed there ever since... You can so this just be good to yourself and get a little help doing it.. Iam so happy for you and proud that you have decided to make that change in your life.. Just take it one day at a time... My thoughts and prayers are with you.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2010, 10:56 AM

As you probably already oxy is an opiod. Getting off any opiod is hard. I'm very surprised that you've whipped it for 3 weeks. At this point you can keep on doing what you are doing in not taking any more oxy pills and your strength will come back. Drink plenty of bottled water and eat nourishing foods and you body will recover from this insidious drug.

It will probably take about 2 months for you to even feel normal again. Don't give up on yourself so quick. You're going to be fine. Just keep remembering that you are in control of your life, not the oxy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to beat anxiety [ 16 Answers ]

I used to be really shy when I was young. I moved to america from another country and was made fun of a lot. I think that's when I became shy. Started keeping to myself more. I had to retrain myself to be confident over time. After college I did sales and did OK at it. Eventually I started having...

How to beat an EtG [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone have advice on passing an EtG?

I want to beat this charge [ 10 Answers ]

Okay I got arrested for burgulary in 08... my friends ran up in this house with a gun and tried to rob the people. I was sitting outside in the car clueless as to what was going on because they didn't tell me anything at all... I got arrested in the driver seat even though I didn't drive the car...

Should I beat her up? [ 10 Answers ]

I have been dating this boy for a little over a year now and unfortunally found out that he had been cheating on me what should I do? Should I beat up the girl he cheated on me with? :mad:

View more questions Search