Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BabiixG Posts: 105, Reputation: 7

Jan 26, 2010, 01:29 PM
    Buddhist ritual?
    :confused:After my son was born his dad's side of the family started doing this: sit in a circle around a bowl of food, make us touch a piece of fruit while they did a prayer / chant? Take turns tying strings to our wrists and give us money... And make my son eat eggs.. which I'm told makes him forget about his past life? Does anyone know anything more about this.. When I ask them they tell me it's to keep evil spirits away and bring good luck.. but why do they make us touch fruit and tie strings to us? I'm confused! PS they are from Thailand

Check out some similar questions!

What does a kadampa buddhist believe in? [ 1 Answers ]

What does a kadampa buddhist believe in?

Buddhist prayer [ 1 Answers ]

Could anyone please translate this buddhist prayer into sanskrit for me? I would like to get it as a tattoo. Let your love flow outward through the universe, To its height, its depth, its broad extent, A limitless love, without hatred or enmity. Then as you stand or walk, sit or lie down, As...

Buddhist name translation? [ 1 Answers ]

A friend recently passed and her Buddhist name was "Buddha Dakini" - could anyone translate this to sanskrit for me - her brother wants a lotus tattoo with her name and Buddhist name on it. Thanks in advance!

Wicca ritual [ 2 Answers ]

I'm allergic to incense. What can I use in a ritual instead?

Buddhist rituals [ 1 Answers ]

What are some buddhist rituals and practices

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.