Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smorgan52 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2006, 12:39 PM
    200 Amp Service
    I have a 200 amp meter base and a 200 amp dedicated disconnect mounted on an exterior structure mandated by the servicing electric coop. My question is - Is there a weatherproof exterior panel that has a built-in plug similar to the one that is included in the outdoor temporary power outlet commonly used at construction sites? The reason that I do not want to put a full service panel at this location is the remote site's location and I only need to use 120 volts for a few hand tools periodically. Thanks,
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Nov 20, 2006, 04:32 PM
    This is a system, including a 50 amp outlet and cord to connect at the existing service disconnect. Will need a 50 amp disconnect protected by the 200 amp, and then the power outlet to this portable temp outlet system:

http://www.hubbellcatalog.com/wiring.../Section-S.pdf

Take the 50 amp disconnect and outlet, and move onto other jobsites.

If truly a construction site, then you will need a 50 amp GFI 120/240 volt breaker, since OSHA requires this to be GFI protected for any worker's exposure to shock hazard.

Or see page 4, 8 of the following:
    http://www.milbankmfg.com/Products/C...%2006%2004.pdf

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New 200 amp service [ 21 Answers ]

Upgrading to new 200 amp service. I have installed new 200amp /main lug/30 spaces /40 circuit/ Square d in house. I have ran #4/o al. with ground in 2 inch conduit, 24 inch below ground, to outside where new 200 amp serv. Disc. Will be. Ground is rocky with clay. I am worn out, used old pick and...

200 amp service with a 200 amp outdoor breaker [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know how to wire a 200 amp outdoor breaker enclosure.I have 4/0 scu cable for my service head to the meter,and 4/0 scu from meter to breaker enclosure.Then from the breaker enclosure I have 4/0 ser cable to my panel.What is the proper wiring method in the enclosure,please help.

200 amp service cable [ 1 Answers ]

Good moring everyone! Quick question, I'm still in the process of upgrading to 200 amp service. I've purchaced a panel box and the guy I bought it off said he'll give me the service cable with it. The question I'm trying to find out is, the size wire he is giving me going to work 2/0, 4/0, 6/0...

200 amp service [ 1 Answers ]

I am installing a 200 amp,underground residentual service. My ungrounded service leads will be - wire size 4/0. My question is, can I use a smaller size wire for my grounded netural?

200 amp service questions [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Utah and have a couple of questions. I have a 150 amp underground service and the circuit box is full even with double breakers. I am adding onto my house, needing to move the 150 amp service and will increase it to a 200 amp service. The power company is OK with this work as moving...

View more questions Search