Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MFA Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2010, 05:05 PM
    How do you stop a writ of garnishment
    I want to have a joint account with my brother.. but I have a writ of garnishment on my account. Is there any way I can have a joint account without the creditor taking the money?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 25, 2010, 05:06 PM

Any account that you are listed as an owner is subject to attachment.
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Jan 25, 2010, 05:14 PM
    Some states do permit the other party on the account to have the garnishment lift for the funds that belong to the other party

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Writ of Garnishment [ 3 Answers ]

If I have a personal debt that received a writ of garnishment against my bank accounts, do they have the right to place a writ of garnishment on the company that I own also? This is a corporation in the State of Florida.

Writ of garnishment [ 3 Answers ]

I have a judgement against a business - now I want to collect on the judgement - without going to an attorney - what / how do I do it - writ of garnishment - how ?

Writ of Garnishment [ 9 Answers ]

I discovered this past Friday that my bank received a writ of garnishment. I haven't as of today received a notice. Regardless I went to the court and received a copy of the writ and I noticed that the garnishee name is incorrect. They listed bank a as a dba of bank b and that is incorrect, they...

Writ of Garnishment [ 8 Answers ]

I'm in the state of Wa. I received an Order of Default Judgment in Jan. and contacted the Attorney listed on the Judgment. There was suppose to be a court date In June and when I contacted the Attorney he said I could avoid the court date if I filled out and returned his questions page with my bank...

Writ of Garnishment [ 1 Answers ]

Hello Can I perform a writ of Garnishment for a judgement that was awarded to me for loss of rent. I want to take the writ of Garnishment and take it to the bank where the defendant does her business transaction at. Where can I get the electronic files to complete for this task? In addition,...

View more questions Search