Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Toe Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2006, 11:41 AM
    Registry?
    Hi
    If I run a program. One that can only be used a limited amont of time before I regester and pay for it, how does it know that it's already been run through it's trial period, even after it's been removed and reinstalled.
    SESaskDFC Posts: 214, Reputation: 17

Nov 20, 2006, 12:56 PM
    Howdy:

It keeps track of the usage..

Don't ask how to circumvent that as we will not help you circumvent a commercial programs trial use offer..

If you want the program after the free use period is up, BUY IT!

Murray
    Toe Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2006, 01:52 PM
    The problem is I've only had the program for a week, the trial is for 1 year. It came with a video card I bought. When I downloaded the newest version it cut me off. I looked through their forums and saw many similar posts. The only thing they will say is that you've had the program more than 1 year or there is a problem with the date on your comp. There is no prob with my comp and have never installed the program before. They refuse to agnolage the problem. Thanks for your input.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 20, 2006, 01:55 PM
    Sounds like it was a hard coded date. But if they won't do anything you are stuck. Do you have your sales receipt? Maybe you can fax them a copy to show you only bought it a week ago.
    Sentra Posts: 385, Reputation: 55

Nov 20, 2006, 02:08 PM
    Sounds like the trial was ONLY for the original program, and not the updated version.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Registry [ 23 Answers ]

How do I manually clean my registry?

Using a registry cleaner [ 3 Answers ]

I am using a registry cleaner and doing an aggressive scan. The report has shown up Invalid ProgID entry's (OLE/DDE) and Invalid ApplD entry's (OLE/DDE) What are these and how safe is...

Messed up my registry. [ 7 Answers ]

Few months back I did something I got from a website that supposedly would let me print a directory list. Well, I don't like the format that it prints, and it would not let me SAVE the list (which was really my goal). Worse yet, I now have to right click > Open all folders on my computer. When...

Registry Question [ 4 Answers ]

This is the final thing I have yet to do.) ( I think) With all the information that has been provided to me, I am just going over my notes to make sure I have done everything. I have done everything below. But I know some of you were giving suggestions about a registry cleaner. Do I still need to...

Registry entry [ 4 Answers ]

%systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -k This registry entry was found by a few check type programs, but it's an unknown factor according the programs. Is it a issue to delete this registry entry ?

View more questions Search