Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    reccegod79 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2010, 12:56 PM
    Can you fail your 1st Probation Drug Screen?
    I was arrested last year for Possession of MJ, and I just recently went to see my PO. I am being drug screened, and I have taken my first test. I'm not sure I'll pass, as I last used pot about 3 weeks ago, and was a fairly regular smoker prior.
    I'm not currently smoking, and don't intend to. I've gotten married and started a respectful career since. I am very appreciative of my second chance and don't want to blow it.

So... Does anyone know with reasonable certainty whether I can fail the first test? Most threads I've found lead towards yes, but every other test must be substantially lower to show that you aren't still using.
    Secondary question: I got my Poss. Charge reduced to Disorderly Conduct (I was a first offender, with ZERO on my record), but can they bring back the Poss. If I fail this first test? I plead guilty straight up to the DC charge, there's no deferrment or other stipulation attached to my charges.

Any help is greatly appreciated, and I can provide more detail if necessary
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Jan 25, 2010, 03:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by reccegod79 View Post
    I was arrested last year for Possession of MJ, and I just recently went to see my PO. I am being drug screened, and I have taken my first test. I'm not sure I'll pass, as I last used pot about 3 weeks ago, and was a fairly regular smoker prior.
    I'm not currently smoking, and don't intend to. I've gotten married and started a respectful career since. I am very appreciative of my second chance and don't want to blow it.

So... Does anyone know with reasonable certainty whether or not I can fail the first test? Most threads I've found lead towards yes, but every other test must be substantially lower to show that you aren't still using.
    Secondary question: I got my Poss. charge reduced to Disorderly Conduct (I was a first offender, with ZERO on my record), but can they bring back the Poss. if I fail this first test? I plead guilty straight up to the DC charge, there's no deferrment or other stipulation attached to my charges.

Any help is greatly appreciated, and I can provide more detail if necessary
    If the court ruled that you must maintain absolute sobriety, then yes, you can fail. It's not like the nicotine patch; you don't get to gradually reduce the marijuana in your system step-by-step.

I'm not following your second question. If you got the charges reduced but are on probation then yes, there is a stipulation attached. You need to stay clean, and you haven't.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Probation violation for 1st failed drug test. [ 9 Answers ]

Hey wats up... I got caught on under 50 gram of marijauna and got all the charges moved to a conditional discharge... I went to my PO and after the drug test she told me "if you pass this... u will never see me again" just my luck I found out I failed my first drug test for probation... so I have...

Violation of probation 1st time with 1st drug charge offense [ 12 Answers ]

OK so here is the situation: 2 years ago this December a friend of mine was arrested for possession of cocaine with intent to sell, possession of marijauna, and possession of paraphonalia. He served 1 night in jail and was released on bond. When he went to court he was able to drop the charges down...

Misdemanor probation violation in NC for failed drug screen [ 3 Answers ]

I just failed my 3rd UA for weed. I need to know what I'm looking at in the NC court system. Please help me with any answers, I have a wife and a 3 year old little girl that need me. Am I going to jail or what? My sentence was for 45 days put off to 11/29 probation. This will be my first time going...

If you take one hit of some potent marijuana will you fail a urine drug screen? [ 12 Answers ]

I have been put on probation and I enjoy smoking marijuana as a hobby and I am curious as to how much if any I can smoke and still pass urine drug screen I weigh about 140 and I have a fast metabolism and I am pretty active and I drink lots of fluids and I'm not sure if I even get drug tested but...

View more questions Search