Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jerryobrien Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2010, 02:54 AM
    Water is turned off to my house. What will the hot water heater do?
    Water is turned off to my house do to a pump problem. Is it OK to leave the water heater on?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 25, 2010, 10:07 AM

NO! Turn the hot water heater off at the main power box if this is electric unit. Possibly the hot water heater can leak out water and with the water not being replenished in the tank your element will burn out. It never hurts to turn off the hot water heater when you are having plumbing problems.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low hot water pressure through the whole house even ater replacing water heater [ 2 Answers ]

I'm still experiencing low hot water pressure even after replacing the water heater. When you first turn on the faucets the pressure will be fine but within a few seconds it drops again.

New hot water heater but I only get hot water when the heat is turned on [ 3 Answers ]

I live in an apartment that was recently gut renovated and I have a new hot water heater as well. The issue is that I have to turn on the heat in order to get hot water in the shower, kitchen and bathroom sinks, otherwise the water is cold. When the heat is on, the water is very hot, but...

Hot water is brown after water was turned off and then turned back on [ 3 Answers ]

Had water turned off due to freezing temps. Later turned water back on, now my hot water is brown. Had no problems previously. Please help

My bathroom pipes busted and I turned the valve off connected to my hot water heater [ 4 Answers ]

My bathroom pipes busted and there where no taps to turn off water so I turned the valve off connected to my hot water heater to stop the water flow, is this wise??

Shut water main to house, what happens to hot water heater [ 7 Answers ]

I've seen similar questions but didn't see the exact answer I was looking for. I want to know what happens if I shut off the water to the house and Go on vacation and leave the hot water heater on and then a leak in A hot water faucet develops. Would the heater tank drain, overheat, and Cause...

View more questions Search