Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jerryy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2003, 12:47 PM
    Whirlpool drain
    My whirlpool tub is slow in draining and I want to remove the whirlpool drain plug so I can clean it. Unlike sink drains I can't remove the plunger holder and remove the drain plug... it doesn't have a one. It works on the gravity principal... pull it up and set in on stop while the tub drains. How can I remove and clean it?
    bushbob Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Jan 23, 2003, 08:35 PM
    whirlpool drain
    Look under the sink and in behind the drain. Can you see the large nut at the end of the rod. This nut hold the metal rod to the plunger. Remove the nut, pull out the metal rod, and the plunger can be removed for the sink. After cleaning out the drain, reverse the instructions above. This is a common problem with this kind of drain
    Robert
    bushbob Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Jan 23, 2003, 09:13 PM
    whirlpool drain
    :-[ I screwed the instructions up, I didn't read that it was a tub, I thought it was a sink. The drain system still works the same, A mechanical rod moving the plunger up and down. You need to get at the back or bottom of the drain, where you can see the rods moving up and down, working the plunger with it. Now the tough part, there is sometimes a access panel at the back or side of the tub,(look in the closets) you are going to have to find where it is. I have even found them in the ceiling below tubs. Bad news, if there is not one there, you are going to have to cut one out, exposing the drain assembly. When you finish this, the drain comes apart like I said above. Let me know if you need more help. ;D
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 30, 2003, 05:51 PM
    whirlpool drain
    Hey Jerry, Most whirlpool tubs do not have a pop-up waste. If you have the type that you pull up and turn to lock upright then you don't have to do anything but unscrew it. That's right it just screws into the tub drain. Pull up and twist counterclockwise to remove. Thanks for using us. Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Whirlpool washer will not agitate but will spin and drain [ 3 Answers ]

Model# LA5530XSW2 My washer will fill up but will not agitate, you can hear a humming noise and can smell something. It will drain & spin just not agitate. Please help me how to resolve this problem. Thank you

Whirlpool drain [ 4 Answers ]

Hello all, I have been in my house for a year now. I have a whirlpool tub that drains very very slowly. It has been that way ever since I have been in this house. The other plumbing in the house is great. I haven't had any problems. The other tub in drains fast... normal. Can anyone help me...

Moving drain in custom shower, whirlpool tub and toilet on concrete slab [ 4 Answers ]

I am finalizing plans to update a master bathroom that sits on a concrete slab. My question is: can shower, whirlpool tub and toilet drain holes be moved without drilling into the concrete? If so, what is the maximum amount that the holes can be repositioned without having to drill? I would...

New whirlpool tub in basement [ 9 Answers ]

My husband and I are attempting our first DIY remodeling project... adding a bathroom in the basement. The drains are all roughed in and we have gotten most of the supply lines in. My question is... we put in the stringers for the new whirlpool tub and did a "test fit". The drain in the tub...

Change drain location for New Whirlpool Installation [ 1 Answers ]

My project involves removing an existing 5 foot by 28 inch wide bath tub and installing in its place a 6 foot by 36 inch whirlpool. I have check out all the details and I have the room needed to fit the tub and do the installation properly and also handle the electrical. However I am a novice when...

View more questions Search