Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crazydeeps8144 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2010, 08:13 PM
    Can u tell me how can I restrict a user with a password,so after his timing on comp t
    I am a techer at an animation institute in our town,which is franchise,its head office is other town, I have many students operating on 10 systems,so some students,don't get up after their work ,they continue in others period,so I need one software, which helps me to limit their time duration,so once they fill in the password of their user accounts,after the time limit they should be automatically shutdowne'd,and even after entering their password,it should logged in,only the other specified users password must be logged in.
    Xapafe Posts: 51, Reputation: 3

Jan 28, 2010, 06:45 PM

This isn't EXACTLY what you want but it's close.
    You can do all sorts of things, maybe it will help.

(Note: You can remote shut down the computers yourself with this software :D )
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 28, 2010, 06:47 PM

If you set the computers screen saver to kick in after a short time and require a password to get back in, that should do the job.
    Xapafe Posts: 51, Reputation: 3

Jan 31, 2010, 07:16 PM

That would do the job only with 2 instances.

1. You are in admin
    Or 2. You're the same person.

He wants to to shut off but still be accessible to other students.

Other than that it won't work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Password checker that allows the user to enter a possible password in a textbox [ 1 Answers ]

I need help creating a password checker, the password must be 8 to 15 chars inlength, and nust contain 1 uppercase, and one lower case and one numeric digit, and a dialog box to display a message box displaying a message wheter or not the password is acceptable.

How to restrict user to logon on 1 PC at a Time [ 4 Answers ]

Hi all I'm working on Windows 2003 server I want to restrict a user account so that it can only log in to one computer at a time. I have a set of users that I don't want logging in to several computers at the same time. Is this can be done through Group Policy or some other method. ...

Yahoo user name and password [ 3 Answers ]

I am having a problem with my password and user name with Yahoo and cannot contact anyone. Anyone have any ideas

User name and password [ 5 Answers ]

Hi everyone, When ever I used to join this forum, I would automatically join without having to type password or user name, I do this each time now and I don't know why it is as if I am not really a member now. Can you please clarify this problem for me Thanx:confused:

View more questions Search