Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RUBENJEAN Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2010, 07:22 PM
    If I wanted to purchase a home in short sale process can I sell my house first
    I own a home but want to buy a home that is in a short sale now, do I have time to sell my current home so I can financially be able to purchase the short sale home?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 24, 2010, 07:32 PM

Had to say, they almost for sure will not accept a short sale with a clause that you sell yours first, And of course they may not even accept your offer for a short sale. I had almost 10 short sale offers turned down over last couple years.

But you may hear back from them in one week or it may be 5 months for them to make a decission on a short sale, there is no way to tell.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lost job House going into short sale [ 1 Answers ]

I am 63 years old and I have lost my well paying job and have lots of debts which I am not paying. (I live in Wisconsin) I cannot afford my house so it is going into a short sell. I have a small amount of money in retirement which may be enough to purchase a forclosed house in cash. Is this...

What's the process for buying a "Short Sale" or Foreclosed home? [ 2 Answers ]

New to FL and looking for Homes many great deals are offered as bank approved for short sale... the term is new to us... What's the process or risks associated with a Short Sale?

How to evict previous owner from short-sale house purchase! [ 4 Answers ]

I am purchasing a home in Sacramento through a short-sale. The bank has sold us the house but the previous owners have stated that they cannot get out by the closing date. What are my options? Thank you!:(

Home in Purchase Contract put up for Sheriff Sale [ 1 Answers ]

I am in Pennsylvania. I did not have the foresight to have a lawyer review my contract before I signed it. The closing date I have signed up for is 2/18/08 and they have listed the house for Sheriff Sale on 2/22/08. The house was put up for Sheriff Sale by the Mortgage Company after the drafting...

Capital gain tax - home sale and purchase [ 1 Answers ]

I am a permanent resident in USA for last 5 years. I sold my home in India in May end this year, and purchasing a home in USA by October end for much larger amount. Do I get any relief in INDIA from capital gain tax?

View more questions Search