Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    muldersbuddy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2003, 10:53 AM
    No water coming at all
    >:(
    This morning my husband commented to me that the downstairs faucets were acting up. He said yesterday he could only get hot water and then cold. Now the faucets will not even give any water at all. What is causing this? We didn't replace them or anything. The upstairs faucets are fine. Thanks in advance.
    bushbob Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Jan 21, 2003, 01:50 AM
    No water coming at all
    This could be a few different things. You must find out how far the water is working. The problem may even be before the taps. It could also be as simple as the areator at the end of the taps is plugged. Remove the areator and see if the water works now. If not then you work backwards till you find the plug.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 31, 2003, 09:44 AM
    No water coming at all
    Hey Buddy, I know this answer comes a little late but I just came on board ::) If cleaning the areator screens didn't do it, pull the cartridge and check the ports. Some times a hot water heater will send trash theough the lines,( mineral buildup or perhaps a dip tube going bad) and the inlet ports will clog up. If you find that the ports are clogged with white material get back to me and I'll walk you through the repair process. Good luck, Tom
    krin63 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2005, 11:18 PM
    New Copper But No Water Pressure
    Hello Out There in Internet Land! We just installed new copper pipes today and it seemed to go well. We couldn'd get any water pressure when we were done. Before we started we removed the old pipes except for one that goes underground and under the sidewalk, etc... We tested the pressure at that point and it seemed pretty good so we decided to install the new copper to it. We also noticed later that the meter seems to have a leak when you turn the valve off. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks for your help. Derek & Kristin
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 13, 2005, 06:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by krin63
    Hello Out There in Internet Land! We just installed new copper pipes today and it seemed to go well. We couldn'd get any water pressure when we were done. Before we started we removed the old pipes except for one that goes underground and under the sidewalk, etc... We tested the pressure at that point and it seemed pretty good so we decided to go ahead and install the new copper to it. We also noticed later that the meter seems to have a leak when you turn the valve off. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks for your help. Derek & Kristin

Are you saying that you repiped the house in copper and now there's no pressure or just to one fixture? No pressure on the toilets? Anywhere?
    Please list your complaint again with more detail.
    If the meter leak is downstream from the meter then the city pays for the water. If it's upstream from the meter it's on you. Either way it's the citys responsibility to keep the meter in good repair. Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water is coming out of the overflow pipe [ 2 Answers ]

The overflow pipe which, I presume, comes out of a tank in the attic is letting water out intermitently. The pipe comes out from above my bedroom window, below the roof. What could be the cause of the problem ? Thanks in anticipation.

Water coming up in sink [ 1 Answers ]

I have water coming UP in the bathroom sink when the water softener is on, if I by pass it no problem. What can I check?

Cold water not coming out in washing machine [ 5 Answers ]

The cold water dribbles into the washing machine when loading; I checked hose connecting machine to faucet in back. The screens were dirty; every time I do load the screens get dirty again. Is stuff coming out of the faucet? It seems to me. What does that mean? The hot water faucet is fine. My...

Have warm water coming from the hose outside [ 2 Answers ]

I don't know how or when it happened but I have warm water coming from the hose outside. At first I thought it was the hose being in the sun but the water never ran cold. I know that this just doesn't happen. I got a new hot water tank about 3 yrs. Ago and it didn't do it then so some happened and...

No hot water coming out of taps [ 1 Answers ]

Not very long ago my pipes started making a horrible howling noise from the hot water supply whilst running a bath, now the hot water tap only runs for about 2 minutes and then trickles and stops and has also moved to the sink and kitchen. Our cold water remains fine. Our heating system is a...

View more questions Search