Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Puli Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2006, 05:48 AM
    Day 23 and my hpt is negative,please help
    Hi, my lmp was on the 29th oct; I usually have 28 day cycles. I used aimstick opk and found Iwas going to ovulate on the 11th and we did it on those dates (11,12,13) Did a hpt this morn,dpo 10,and its negative,although the hpt says you can test bet 7-10dpo. Is it conclusive that I haven't conceived? I feel awful. Thanks for your time!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 20, 2006, 06:03 AM
    No it is not conclusive that you are not pregnant. The hpt's are known for false negatives. However, I notice you have not even missed a period yet. Am I right? You should wait to see if your period comes, if it does not, test about a week after it was due.

For some women it takes a while for the hcg hormone to build up in their system.

Nov 20, 2006, 11:17 PM
    Thanks so much. Yes,I'm expecting my periods on Sunday. Will test again if I don't get them.

Nov 26, 2006, 10:31 PM
    Hi, am in day 30, no periods! When shall I take my next hpt? Don't want it to come negative again!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 27, 2006, 05:23 AM
    You should make an appointment with your doctor to see what is going on. You need to make sure that you are or are not pregnant and, if not, why you are not getting your period. You will not get an answer as to why you are not having your period from a hpt.

Please make an appointment with your doctor.

Nov 28, 2006, 07:24 AM
    Yes, I have made an appointment with my gynaec. My hpt came positive today, I'm thrilled! Thank you, J_9, your posts are useful indeed!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Positive HPT Negative Blood Test? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello all - I am asking if anyone has ever experienced the following and what the outcome was. I took a HPT (e.p.t. +/-) at 11 dpo and 12 dpo and got a very clear faint positive within 30 sec. Two days later I was given a pos/neg blood test at my doctor's office and got a negative. However,...

Janitrol hpt 1860 to honeywell rth230b [ 2 Answers ]

Again, I checked the make and models of my thermostats to ensure I don't goof nothing Up. My janitrol hp 1860 wires: yellow to y, green to g, red to r. blue to o, White to e and jumpered to w2 and brown to c. The Honeywell RTH230B has Only 5 contacts, Rh, Rc, W,Y and G. I guess just for...

3 hpt and 3 urine tests [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 2 months late on my period, I have tooken 3 hpt and 3 urine test at the clinic that came back +. I have also tooken 3 blood test that came back -. Is there a possibility that I still can be pregnant and have a - blood test?

How soon can I take a hpt? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello again. Well, last month I was not pregnant but we actually tried this month. Let me know what you think. My husband and I had intercourse on the 17th and 19th (which I believe were my most fertile days?) My next period is suppose to begin on the 4th of December. Now I can not hardly stand...

View more questions Search