Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pmh3388 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2006, 02:08 AM
    Writing speed too slow !
    Hi everyone !

My son is 11 years old. His writing speed is too slow. Normally , copying one passage takes him more than one hour. How to improve it ?

Thanks for your helps .
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2006, 11:46 PM
    Perhaps look into buying a computer typing program that will teach your son how to practice typing on the computer.

I know that is what I used to help me learn to type.

Nov 21, 2006, 12:15 AM
    Thanks for your suggestion ! By the way, where can I get a computer typing program ?
    Ultra Member

Nov 21, 2006, 12:41 AM
    A quick Google search and I came up with: http://www.learn2type.com/

Or, if you go to a store that sells computer programs, I am sure they will have it.

I would check out Best Buy, maybe Walmart, and if they don't have it, ask them who they think will.

Or ask your son's teacher, they might have a program to recommend.

Or the librarian, principal.
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Nov 21, 2006, 12:48 AM
    Hi Pmh,
    Here is one apparently free program that looks pretty decent:

http://www.kiranreddys.com/products/typing.html

Hope this helps. :)

Nov 23, 2006, 06:50 PM
    Thanks for your helps, Thomas1970 and CaptainForest.
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Nov 23, 2006, 08:19 PM
    Hi Pmh,
    You're very welcome. :)
    Ultra Member

Nov 24, 2006, 01:29 AM
    Pmh,
    You're welcome.
    dittttka Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2006, 01:38 AM
    May I ask if your son's typing issue is hindering him in any way? There are several reasons he could be slower than you would like him to be... (are we talking about typing or handwriting?)... any mild learning disorder could result in slower speed, as could "lack of confidence", or being overly thourough.

But as far as problems go, I'd take this one over any problem with learning and remembering information and then applying that info in real life.

I sincerely hope schools where you are, are not placing an emphasis on this. Some people work slower than others... there is no shame in this, especially since they are the same people who, more often than not, do superior work

Rome wasn't built in a day... I hope you respond to this because I'm unclear what the problem is (is it typing?. is this the only problem?. did this concern come from you, him, or the school?)

Dec 23, 2006, 08:04 PM
    Thanks for your answer. His handwriting is too slow and urgly. While writing, he likes to play with eraser or any other things at hand or nearby.Even his Maths also not good, so
    Metimes even mix up addition and subtraction.
    krittengirl Posts: 63, Reputation: 14

Apr 17, 2007, 09:40 PM
    Have you had him evaluated for add? Children with attention deficit tend to unconsciously and consistently "forget" what they are doing and space out, or forget the rules for performing the task, as in the case of addition vs. subtraction.
    As for a very fun typing program look for Jump Start Typing. It is like a basketball game that they have to type certain keys within a certain time in order to score points. It keeps them looking at the screen not the keys, once they have figured out where the keys are.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Difference between true air speed and equivalent air speed [ 4 Answers ]

What is the difference between the two and when an aircraft is flying at altitude what is its actual speed

3 speed ceiling fan only has 1 speed [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 3 speed Hunter ceiling that I rarely turn off and all 3 speeds had been working. I recently turned it off and when I turned it back on, only the high speed is working. I assumed the switch was bad and replaced it. I still only have the High speed. Has anyone had this problem before? ...

Novel writing [ 4 Answers ]

I'm 100,000 words into my story and I've got a nagging feeling it's too slow. The story takes place several years after the country was hit by drought and how people are still suffering from its effects. The maincharacter is a seventeen year old girl who was rescued from a lap dancing club and...

Computer running real slow, speed isn't as fast as before [ 2 Answers ]

My comp is running real slow now, dun noe what has happened Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1 Scan saved at 12:59:44 PM, on 24/02/2005 Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600) MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106) Running processes: C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe...

View more questions Search