Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    purpleshelby999 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2006, 11:12 PM
    Need to find title and author of book.includes line poverty robs you of your dignity
    I'm looking for a book but don't have much details. It is about a family that is traveling west on a stagecoah (could be about the California gold rush but I'm not sure). Along the way they experience a lot of trials, one of the children gets sick and dies, they meet up with troublemakers and at one point the father declares that 'poverty (or being poor) robs you of your dignity'. I believe it was published somewhere between the 30's and 50's. I know, not much help there. Any help would be appreciated.
    Scat Goodman Posts: 30, Reputation: 2

Dec 31, 2009, 03:19 AM

It sounds like "the grapes of wrath" by john steinbeck but I read it so long ago that I could be mistaken

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help me find a kids book, unknown title [ 4 Answers ]

There was a book I read years ago and I believe the story was even made into a movie in the 80s. A handful of orphan kids run away from the orphanage together. They move into an old house somewhere and start living as a family, trying to hide the fact that there are no parents. The oldest kid, a...

Book by Southern (male) author? [ 6 Answers ]

:) Hi - I read a book a couple of years ago by a Southern (male) author; he references eating at Paschal's at the Atlanta airport and also references the height of Vestal Goodman's hair, and canning homemade soup. He has also been on NPR's "All Things Considered". Any ideas? Thanks!

Do you now the author and song title? [ 2 Answers ]

I remember only the middle of the song: "And I wana fall through the stars Stright into your arms ..... .....feel love I hope you comprehend" Thank you for any help. :)

View more questions Search