Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    no1grandpa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2003, 07:54 PM
    Adding plumbing for tub/ toilet to home
    We have an older farm home and are doing some remodeling and wish to add a toilet and a tub to our existing laundry room which consists of a concrete slab. What ideas do you have as to the plumbing applications that we could use to make this work?

All the plumbing pipes are in the main portion of our home but can be accessed through cutting through a wall to add the water lines. We are wondering how we can add the drain pipes needed for the tub and toilet as they would be directly be sitting on a concrete slab with no escape pipes below them.

Please help with any ideas that you may have.

Thanks so much!
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

May 30, 2003, 11:19 AM
    Adding plumbing for tub/ toilet to home
    Hey Gramps, The water lines are the easy part, it's the drainage and vent that wii give you the trouble. The one bright spot I can see is that since you live on a farm you are probably on on a septic tank. That means you won't have to tear up any interior floors. You can connect your bathroom group directly into the line running from the house to the septic tank. You will have to jackhammer up the cement and install the drainage for a toilet, lavatory and a tub and then patch the floor. I would suggest that you keep your fixtures on a outside wall. Your vent will extend up from the lavatory through the roof and service the whole group. Any thing else you wish to know? My primary Q&A group is AllExperts.com but I check this site every day. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet [ 1 Answers ]

The toilet will not flush like it is supposed to, it will flush out solid but not paper. What makes the toilet flush?

Toilet [ 1 Answers ]

I think one of my children flushed something down the toilet. The only things I think it can be is either a bar of soap or a wash cloth. Now you have to plunge it every time you flush. Any suggestions on what I could do myself before I call a plumber?

Toilet Flush [ 1 Answers ]

I just installed a new bathroom in my basement. The toilet has a good flush action but just fills with water. It does not have the suction to flush a piece of tissue. The water evenutally seeps out to the correct level. I have tried two different toliets and wax rings but still have the...

PVC PLumbing in mobile home [ 7 Answers ]

I have PVC water supply lines that screw right onto the faucets. I have to turn the house water supply off to change a washer is there a way to add a shut of valve? Can I simply cut the line and use a hose clamp to attach a shut off valve and then use braided metal hose to go up to faucet?

Home Plumbing [ 1 Answers ]

HI (!st time user) I am replacing the Main copper on/off valve. How do I connect a one inch copper outside main water pipe to a one inch PVC pipe, (which is connected to meter side) ? Additional info have 6 inches of copper and 6 inches of PVC above ground. I do not want to solder but...

View more questions Search