Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2010, 04:52 PM
    Get this, Obama is going to have his SEC require companies disclose their climate change risks.

A politically divided Securities and Exchange Commission voted on Wednesday to make clear when companies must provide information to investors about the business risks associated with climate change.

The commission, in a 3 to 2 vote, decided to require that companies disclose in their public filings the impact of climate change on their businesses -- from new regulations or legislation they may face domestically or abroad to potential changes in economic trends or physical risks to a company.

Chairman Mary L. Schapiro and the two Democrats on the commission supported the new requirements, while the two Republicans vehemently opposed them.

"I can only conclude that the purpose of this release is to place the imprimatur of the commission on the agenda of the social and environmental policy lobby, an agenda that falls outside of our expertise and beyond our fundamental mission of investor protection," Republican commissioner Kathleen L. Casey said.
    Get ready for an even larger host of ads touting a corporation's "greenness"... and a bunch of new public disclosures highlighting the cost burden of the Dems' environmental agenda and ever expanding regulation. It is no wonder the American people are now seeing him as anti-business.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2010, 05:51 PM
    Hmm let me think ;if it gets warmer I may have to run my A/C unit more. But.. I can offset that with the energy saved by not running my heating unit during the winter..

There... full public disclosure...
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2010, 09:56 PM

I have heard that, after Congress passes an internet sales tax, a tax will be levied on each step in the process of cutting, splitting, and sales of wood for wood furnaces. Ownership of wood stoves will have to be licensed, like cars and trucks, in each state. Evidence of licensure will be posted under the E-911 sign. Shezam!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The President's Afghanistan strategery [ 55 Answers ]

The King of France went up the hill With 30,000 men, The King of France came down the hill, And ne'er went up again! July 4,2011 Mark it on your calendar Mullah Omar . That is the artificial date when the President says that US troops will begin their withdrawal from Afghanistan . Then he...

The President's Cairo Speech [ 13 Answers ]

I have read it twice. Still can't find anything new and different in it. The White House - Press Office - Remarks by the President at Cairo University, 6-04-09 I guess it is not as important what was said as who said it??

A President's Test [ 4 Answers ]

The LAPD, The FBI, and the CIA are all trying to prove that they are the best at apprehending criminals. The President decides to give them a test. He releases a rabbit into a forest and each of them has to catch it. The CIA goes in. They place animal informants throughout the forest. They...

View more questions Search