Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    untalkative_jenny Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2006, 08:04 PM
    Too red haircolor!
    I've just dyed my hair with loreal natural match, which promises a variety of tones to suit different users. I used the most cool or ashy shade, but my hair still has red tones in it! What do I do, I hate having any red in my hair!
    caesars charm Posts: 80, Reputation: 7

Nov 19, 2006, 09:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by untalkative_jenny
    I've just dyed my hair with loreal natural match, which promises a variety of tones to suit different users. I used the most cool or ashy shade, but my hair still has red tones in it! What do I do, I hate having any red in my hair!
    I've had this happen to me several times and if I were you I would try another brand but always use a ash because it gets rid of the red. I always use excellence brand and it's great for getting rid of red. Buy one that's closest to your natural color and stick to the same color for a while whether you want a change or not. Some people throw red more than others and I was one too but this certainly cured my problem. Haven't had a problem since using excellence. It's been several years now.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Nov 25, 2006, 01:01 AM
    Untalkative_Jenny, choose an ash base hair color closer to your original color. For instance, if your hair is dark blonde and has a red hue, you will need to use a dark ash blonde hair color to neutralize the red tones. Loreal hair coloring products work well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Haircolor emergency [ 5 Answers ]

I just had my mom dye my hair using garnier 100% color in mahogany brown. This dye was made for naturally dark hair colors, which I figured is the right one for me since my hair's naturally black. My problem is the dye seemed to be concentrated in the crown of my head! Right now, it looks light...

Haircolor HELP! Please. =( [ 5 Answers ]

I've been bleaching my hair blonde for about two years now, and I recently just dyed my hair this reddish color. But it came out orange. So the next day I dyed it Clairol MoonGold (http://www.bizrate.com/haircare/oid471037194.html) And my hair is a dark reddish, brown color now. I really want my...

Red, Red, Forever? [ 1 Answers ]

I have colored my hair red for a few years now (all shades). Right now it is deep mahogany red. I would like to go dark blonde or light brown. I have tried some ash colors and the roots would have course change, but from the middle down (very red). Should I strip this? The very ends of my hair...

In the RED! [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I are in our Early 40's with 3 children, we had a few set backs with my husband being injured twice. We had to give up our medical insurance due to the high prices, we have 9,000.00 in hospital bills, along with credit card debt in the 24,000.00 range. We live in Michigan, would my...

View more questions Search