Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dolores90042 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2010, 06:16 PM
    I am seller, how can I back out of selling
    I am a seller and I now want to back out, I can pay buyers fees if they agree
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 22, 2010, 06:22 PM

Do you have a contract? What does it say?

Jan 22, 2010, 06:23 PM

I want to back out of selling, didn't understand and was not informed what I signed when I signed counter offer/contract. Asked agent to cancel and asked to talk to buyers but agent put me off and now I am afraid it is too late. I was just told I had signed contract! I received nothing else stating this. I do not want to sell in any way. Agent, I feel could have relayed my request when I asked but didn't. I would have contacted buyer but I did not have an paperwork and agent just now gave me paperwork. Sale has gone into escrow. I do not ever want to sell and I am eldery. At the time I hired agent I thought I had no choice. Now I am thinking clearly and do not want to sell at all. Can I back out of this mess? And how?

Jan 22, 2010, 06:27 PM

You need to get an attorney to review what you signed and see if it can be canceled.

Jan 22, 2010, 06:29 PM
    No, I was told my counter offer was the contract. I live in California. I had to go to an attorney who called agent and I was able to acquire the papers. Papers I signed were not filled out pursuant to my sending them back in the beginning. Except for the counter offer which I signed and this I was told was the contract. And I had to sell now. Atty was only to obtain the papers. Do I need to keep him? Money is tight at this point.

Jan 22, 2010, 06:30 PM
    Okay, if your answer is keep the atty then I will. Thanks for your answer.
    Dolores.

Jan 22, 2010, 07:09 PM

Its hard to tell without seeing what you signed. If your atty is telling you that you can't get out of it, I would go to another atty to get a second opinion.

If you back out you will probably have to pay some penalty to the buyer. Whether that penalty is too onerous to back out will be up to you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a Short Sale seller back out days before Escrow Closes? [ 1 Answers ]

I’m in a Short Sale and I’ve been pre-approved for my loan and after I made my offer, which was accepted by the seller (husband) and I have a contract signed by myself and the seller (husband only), now that Obama has said there is a new stimulous package coming out, the Wife of the seller wants to...

Selling home back to bank [ 1 Answers ]

I owe more on my mortgage than I can expect to get if I put it up for sale and it actually sells. My mortgage is too high for me to continue to pay. I don't want to foreclose, but I can't make any more payments. I want to deed it back to the bank. I need to know the process and how long it...

Seller defaulted [ 2 Answers ]

I have just looked at my contract and realized that the seller of out contract for deed has defaulted by charging me interest on my "on-time" payments, when in our contract, it states that NO INTETREST will be taken out for "on-time" payments, and that the only time Interest will be taken out is...

Private Seller [ 4 Answers ]

I recently sold a car to a guy who checked out the condition of the car and test drove it twice before purchasing. The car was in good working condition and the only thing that really needed to be done was having the ac recharged. Now after having the car for a week the guy is claiming there are...

View more questions Search