Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 22, 2010, 03:32 PM
    Why would he say this?
    Barack Hussein Obama went nuts today in Ohio, basically ranting at Ohioans and Americans, "Don't you understand that a win for me is a win for you. Don't you understand you stupid Americans!!!!"

Now that sort of a phrase of "you stupid Americans" sounds something like what a foreigner would say. A European or a Middle Easterner for instance. This is definitely NOT something a United States President would say at all to his people and fellow citizens.

Bush calling the Constitution a Goddam piece of paper was bad enough but I really think that this cute little catch phrase of "you stupid Americans" will definitely come back and bite Obama in the behind big time.

If this is what the man really thinks about the American people, then it proves me right about what I said about this jerk last year. I tried to warn you all but you would not listen to me as you were snake charmed by this fraud.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2010, 03:55 PM

I don't think he actually said "you stupid Americans." Where did you hear that?
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jan 22, 2010, 05:08 PM

Please provide a link or a video, Twink. I would love to see that.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2010, 05:26 PM

Found it... except he did not say that . One of the comments posted from reader " heartburn" made the reference quote as if the President were saying it .

Obama: 'Buzz saw' won't stop me: The Swamp
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jan 22, 2010, 05:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Found it ....except he did not say that . One of the comments posted from reader " heartburn" made the reference quote as if the President were saying it .

Obama: 'Buzz saw' won't stop me: The Swamp
    Thanks, Tom. Definitely an "Aw nuts" moment here.
    cozyk Posts: 802, Reputation: 125

Jan 25, 2010, 10:17 AM

I didn't believe he said that. Before you go off half cocked, better get your rantings straight.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 25, 2010, 10:20 AM
    God I hate when people post stuff like this - it cheapens the site.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jan 25, 2010, 10:25 AM

At least we all disputed the idea he would say that, instead of our "always" bashing Obama :rolleyes:
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 25, 2010, 10:26 AM
    I appreciate that.
    cozyk Posts: 802, Reputation: 125

Jan 25, 2010, 10:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    At least we all disputed the idea he would say that, instead of our "always" bashing Obama :rolleyes:
    Yes you did. My compliments to your good sense and sportsmanship.:)
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jan 25, 2010, 04:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiedooter View Post
    Barack Hussein Obama went nuts today in Ohio, basically ranting at Ohioans and Americans, "Don't you understand that a win for me is a win for you. Don't you understand you stupid Americans!!!!"

Don't think he actually said it but perhaps it's close to the truth
    YouTube - stupid americans Asked simple questions but you will be surprised by some of the answers
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Jan 26, 2010, 01:16 AM

Haha. This will be in the twinks hall of fame. And she has had some beauties too.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2010, 03:28 AM
    After listening to his SOTU address last night I have to admit that although he doesn't say it in so many words ;he really does think we are stupid.

Of course the press says it more politely :

As Mr. Obama navigates a crossroads of his presidency, a moment when he signals what lessons he has drawn from his first year in office, the public posture of the White House is that any shortcomings are the result of failing to explain effectively what they were doing — and why.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/27/us...7obama.html?hp

But the message is clear. The policy wasn't wrong... it's just that the stupid Americans don't get it.

Sometimes the press slips up and reveals their true thoughts . Joe Klein of Time Mag as an example called the American people “too dumb to thrive”
    http://swampland.blogs.time.com/2010...umb-to-thrive/
    ;that Americans are “flagrantly ill-informed”...
    that the stimulus money was, in fact, “wasted on them”, meaning everyday Americans, in the form of tax breaks and state grants. He insinuated that Ma & Pa six-pack were unappreciative slobs (“this is why your child's teacher wasn't laid off”). Klein continued on to admit that the Obama administration may have “done a terrible job explaining the stimulus package,” but added a mitigating factor, “it is very difficult to have a democracy without citizens,” and it is “impossible to be a citizen if you don't make an effort to understand the most basic activities of your government.” So according to Time Magazine, America is populated with semi-literate, unappreciative red-staters who don't know when they have it good.
    http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/19396

Is there any doubt the President thinks any differently ?
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jan 30, 2010, 03:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post

Is there any doubt the President thinks any differently ?
    So, Tom, if I read you right you don't like being talked down to?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search