Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ohio_Remodeler Posts: 85, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2006, 06:40 PM
    6 Foot Rule & Radiators
    Is a wall with an iron steam radiator within 4 inches of the wall considered wall space when determining receptacle distance with the 6 foot rule? I have looked in article 210 of the NEC 2005 and have not been able to determine a definitive answer. Thank you.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Nov 20, 2006, 03:41 AM
    Consider the radiator as unusable space, same as a door way. Install an outlet no more than six foot away from each side of the radiator and continue on from there with the next outlets in either diirection.
    Ohio_Remodeler Posts: 85, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2006, 06:39 AM
    Thanks for answering so quickly!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Foot pain on side of foot [ 33 Answers ]

Was hoping someone could help. I have pain on the outside of my right foot. It is 1/2 way down the foot, it is tender to the touch and makes walking difficult.. Any ideas what it is? Thanks..

Slide rule [ 8 Answers ]

Not saying my age, but when I went to college there were no computers, maybe one large main frame with two or three terminals but nothing for any course work except for beginning computer. ( and it was not even there the first couple of years) So in our classes we used a "slide rule" Do...

Moving radiators [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to relocate single pipe steam radiators, basically swap some around by putting larger ones (in colder areas) where small ones are and vice versa. It seems that it should be easy enough to close the valve, disconnect the radiator and relocate. I have no education on this though and I...

Can you tell me the rule of thumbs? [ 3 Answers ]

What are the rule of thumbs, the ideal range for: Return on sales ROS Debt to equity total debt/total equity

Golden Rule: [ 19 Answers ]

Is the independent value of a person implied in the Golden Rule, e.g. "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you?" (Luke 6:31, Matt. 7:12) HANK :)

View more questions Search