Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    avinashchakre Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2010, 01:58 AM
    How to connect two excel sheets?
    Hi Friends,
    I want to connect in such a way that whatever I will copy in source file should be copied automatically in target file.
    It would be great to get help from you.
    Jessica-chen Posts: 27, Reputation: 2

Jan 24, 2010, 08:40 PM

You can use Data -> Connect to Data (Ctrl-D) to add as many data sources as you like to a Tableau workbook. Every sheet in your workbook can use a different data source. Dashboards can be used to present results from different independent sources on one page.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jan 25, 2010, 12:30 AM

The simplest way to connect one cell in one worksheet to another cell in another worksheet is by formula. In the second worksheet, type this formula:

=Sheet1!A1

Correct the sheet1 to the actual spelling of the sheet you're referencing.

To do this same thing between workbooks, just add the workbook reference:

=[Book1.xls]Sheet1!$A$1
    MR.know Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Dec 17, 2011, 01:59 AM
    It hard for me to explain it all but here a site that will give you all the answer you need http://www.keynotesupport.com/excel-linking-worksheets.shtml

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Excel Sequential Invoice Number in multiple sheets [ 2 Answers ]

Hi This is my first time at this site! :) I am a virgin! :p I have a master copy of my invoice with the invoice number contained in cell K3. I would like to know 2 things which would help me out greatly. 1. I would like to copy that master sheet invoice say 20 times and have the...

Zip codes in Excel Spreed Sheets [ 13 Answers ]

I have a spreed sheet that contains a 5 digit zip that I need to convert to a 9 digit. How would I go about doingin this? I have 1800 enteries

Excel Sheets Connection! [ 3 Answers ]

Dear All, (Sorry my question is not about word processor) I want to ask that how can be the data added automaticall to from one excel sheet to another. For e.g I have one excel sheet by the name ex1.xls and 2nd is ex2.xls. Let suppose I want to add something in ex1.xls and want the same addition...

Excel Budget Sheets [ 2 Answers ]

I am preparing for an job exam in Excel and would like to practice building budget sheets using formulas. Does any one now of any website out there were I can find samples of budgets sheets to build off? i.e Sums, then averages within sums> Thank You

View more questions Search