Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    deerhuntress Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2010, 08:56 PM
    My husband doesn't t care me
    My husband and I have been together for 5 years. I have given up my time, sleep, money everything to help him find a job with benefits, nearly losing mine in the process. Since he has started this job he has lost interest in me and his family - not making sure my needs nor our family's is taken care of and that he is there for us. I have tried to tell him he is losing his family by putting his job ahead of us and losing my love for him as well but he doesn't seem to make the choices to ensure he is providing/showing us he loves us. When it comes between his job and us he threatens me with various things (ie like he will leave me, etc.). I do not feel he loves me anymore. What can I do to get through to him that he is losing me and to find out if this relationship is worth the effort anymore?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 21, 2010, 09:11 PM

When finding him his job, you put it ahead of many things,

Now he is doing very similar, it is a common practice for men ( and some women) to put their jobs and career ahead of the family.

Communication is the key, ( or him coming home one evening to a empty house )

Have you tried counseling
    deerhuntress Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2010, 05:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    When finding him his job, you put it ahead of many things,

now he is doing very simular, it is a common practice for men ( and some women) to put thier jobs and carreer ahead of the family.

Communication is the key, ( or him comming home one evening to a empty house )

Have you tried couseling
    I put him ahead of my job (not the other way around) and kept my family a priority as well. We are not able to take counseling together as I am the only driver and he is works totally opposite shifts. He is not willing to take off work and I have no time to take off. His mother thinks he has his priorities mixed up and wants to talk some sense into him as he doesn't listen to me (she knows what I have gone through for him and how he couldn't have done it without me). He says he will leave me if he ever loses this job - is that love for family?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 23, 2010, 05:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by deerhuntress View Post
    We are not able to take counseling together as I am the only driver and he is works totally opposite shifts. He is not willing to take off work and I have no time to take off.
    There are counselors/social workers/coaches who do home visits or even counseling by means of the telephone. (I have and know I am not alone.)

Do this together or separately. You have no excuse to avoid counseling.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jan 23, 2010, 06:59 PM

Changing the locks and letting him find a ride and a place to stay ought to get his attention.

Yes, I just said call his bluff.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Jan 24, 2010, 02:51 AM

How long has he been at this new job? If it is still relatively new and he's still getting his feet wet, maybe he just needs time.

If, on the other hand, his behaviour is, and has been predictably job first, family distant second, then I agree, check out what Cat said, and get in-home counselling when you both have a day off.

His threats are made probably because he feels pressured on the job, and then pressured at home.

Until you two can really sit and talk this out, the impasse will continue.

In which case, if he refuses, Cat's suggestion of calling his bluff might just shake him up enough to want to work on the problems at home.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 24, 2010, 09:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake2008 View Post
    I agree, check out what Cat said, and get in-home counselling when you both have a day off.
    *cough*

WG said that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why doesn't [ 8 Answers ]

As you lie asleep, I cry awake Sex isn’t that important! I believe this to be so untrue. Sex is the physical way of expressing your desire and longing to be with someone. Normally you hear of men complaining that their significant other doesn’t give them the sexual attention they crave. In my...

Feels like my husband doesn't care about me [ 9 Answers ]

Lately I just feel like my husband really doesn't care about me anymore... we have been together for a long time and I know things change a lot and all the romance and stuff fades off but it really sucks to feel like I do. I keep telling him we need to have a date night at least a couple times a...

Dying husband and his family doesn't seem to care unless its convenient! [ 27 Answers ]

Hello. This is my first time posting here. I am looking for some opinions from people other than family members regarding this situation: My husband was diagnosed with terminal cancer 3 years ago and was not given long to live. At that time, his family called, sent cards but nothing more than...

My husband doesn't not want me he would rather touch himself. [ 12 Answers ]

I have been married to my husband for less than a year. We never had the honeymoon period in our marriage and we never have sex anymore. Yesterday he was taking a shower and ask me before he went to the bathroom, did I mind if he masturbated. I didn't know what to say we never have sex and I was...

View more questions Search