Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JJAN Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2003, 04:31 PM
    Flange on toilet
    I have just installed a new floor in the bathroom. What is the maximum space allowed between flange and bottom of toilet?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 2, 2003, 03:06 PM
    Flange on toilet
    I think I know where you're coming from. Your new floor now sets higher then the old one so your toilet doesn't set on the flange any more. Right? It would depend on the space between the flange and the bowl as to how I would go about setting the toilet. 1/2 inch or so I would double seal it, (two wax seals) anything over that and they make a wax seal with a funnel that fits inside of the flange so there is no leakage. You still might have to build up the wax seal with a second one but at least you won't have the hassle of raising the flange. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What toilet flange to use? [ 9 Answers ]

I am remodeling a bathroom in an old house. The floors are concrete, and right now there is just what looks to be a cast-iron waste line that runs up through the concrete for the toilet. The inside opening of the pipe is 3 1/2" in diameter. What flange do you recommend for this? I can only find 3"...

Toilet flange [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I realized as I was installing the subfloor in my new bathroom that I had cut off the pvc to short. It is slightly lower that the subfloor. Is there a longer flange which will solve this problem or should I remove the floor add a coupling and more pvc to raise the height? Thanks, m2

Toilet flange [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I'm putting a new floor in the bathroom. The tolet flange is higher by 1/4 in on one side and 1/2 in on the other above the floor I'm going to put ceramic tile down. Do I need to level it out or bring the floor up around the flange? Thanks Tim

Toilet flange [ 1 Answers ]

I am installing tile in bathroom so the toilet flange is now about approx. 1/2" below the tile. Do I have to remove the toilet flange or are there extensions?

Toilet flange [ 5 Answers ]

I am in the process of re-settin my toilet, It is located in the basement and the toilet flange sits on top of the ceramic tile. It is not flush with the tile. I have reset the toilet three times using various thickness of wax. These only last so long. I have purchased a wax free bowl gasket...

View more questions Search