Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    patchy006 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2010, 04:33 PM
    2(Al)2Br3 + 3Cl2 (arrow pointing right) 2Al(Cl)3 + 3Br2 in model form
    2(Al)2Br3 + 3Cl2 (arrow pointing right) 2Al(Cl)3 + 3Br2 in model form as soon as possible! Please help me!! :)
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Jan 22, 2010, 11:34 AM

Al2Br6 is what you had to put up there and Al2Cl6

The initial molecule is AlCl3 and AlBr3 but since the aluminium has a vacant orbital, it can accommodate a pair of electrons from another surrounding molecule and thus, dimerise (form a molecule from two similar molecules)

Note that this bond between the two smaller molecules is a dative bond.

A drawing of it can be like this:

XX

Where the center of the X is the Al, and the ends of the X being the chloride or bromide ions.

Br2 and Cl2 are drawn as Br-Br and Cl-Cl respectively.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pointing our feet towards Qiblah [ 1 Answers ]

Assalam Alikum! I have listened from many Muslims that pointing our feet towards Qiblah (kaabah) is extremely forbidden. But I have never seen any Quranic Quote or Hadith which can prove this statement. Can any body give reference from Quran or Hadith which can prove this...

Outside TV antenna pointing direction [ 3 Answers ]

When pointing a outside TV antenna on the roof of the house, are the small elements the front of the antenna, or are the longer elements front of the antenna for pointing purposes, to point in the antenna in the right direction you want?? Can't afford cable any more , lost my job!!

Pointing device error [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have been using Sony Vaio Laptop. My problem is that my pointing device ( touch pad ) does not work well. The detail is that the touch pad did not respond to any command. However left click and right click of this touch pad work well at the same time. I mean when I want to close a...

Symptoms pointing to AND away from pregnancy! [ 6 Answers ]

Hi I have not been feeling myself for the last few weeks, and am away travelling so is difficult for me to go to the doctors, just wondering if anyone could shed some light on my symptoms please? They are as follows; Shaky and lightheaded occaisionally Sick feeling, usually in the evening,...

Pointing register up to vaulted ceiling [ 6 Answers ]

In my apartment, the living room has a vaulted ceiling. I live in Florida so it's about 92 outside, and there is so much heat just sitting up in the ceiling. The heat is too high up to be felt when standing on the floor, but it prevents the living room from ever getting cool. Not much air comes out...

View more questions Search