Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bevers Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2010, 11:33 AM
    OK to record quitclaim 10 years later/8 yrs after death of grantee?
    A quitclaim deed was given to the family physician 2001. The deed was unrecorded. The grantor died in 2002, and her estate probated. The land in the quitclaim deed was divided among heirs. Heirs were unaware of the deed at the time the land was divided, nor did the grantee make anyone aware of the deed, even though he was aware of the death and subsequent probation of estate. The grantee eventually recorded the deed in 2010, which was the first time the executor of the grantor's estate was made aware of the deed.

Does the quitclaim deed stay viable after the death of the grantor?

Is there a time frame in which such quitclaim deeds must be recorded?

Is there an obligation on the part of the grantee to notify heirs of the deed?

Are grantee rights as conferred in the quitclaim deed waived if timely notification/recording is not made?

Thank you for your advice and consideration.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 21, 2010, 07:28 PM

It could be considered viable, BUT, the issue is it was never filed for years latter and the probate court, publishes and says anyone that has a claim needs to come forward.

So the action of the probate court should make the quitclaim deed void.

Since this property was considered and given thought the court, the court moves it free of any claims on the estate,

If it was not that the property went though probate, it could still be valid, but while they can try, most likely the court will view it as void at this point.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Death record [ 1 Answers ]

How did john ormandy of morgan county Indiana die?

Grantor = Grantee on Quitclaim Deed? Name Change Only [ 3 Answers ]

When my divorce was finalized in 2006, my lawyer used a quitclaim deed to transfer a condo-property that was owned jointly between my husband and I into my name solely. It was a fairly simple process, and the deed was indeed changed into my name with no issue. However, since then, I have resumed...

Do I have a record?after 17 years? [ 5 Answers ]

I was caught of shoplifting and its 17 years from now... now I was applying for a job in a hotel and my supervisor asked me to get a police clearance which I did now I'm record if I got the record I was caught only once and never happened again it was a provation one year they took my fingger print...

Death record [ 2 Answers ]

Death ofcarl d fedelski

Trying to find Birth Record of Father in France and Death Certificates of Grandparent [ 2 Answers ]

My father was born in Marseilles, France in 1911. He came to America in the 1930's. He received word his father, mother, sister and brother were killed During a bombing in World War II. They lived in Alsace Lorraine. My father Tried for two years to find any information on their deaths, but...

View more questions Search