Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jon 1966 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2010, 06:25 PM
    Don't want to leave.mother of my kids wants me to leave.
    I love them all so much,but she says I have to go.if I stay around she gets angry and screams.im a good dad but my head and heart is all over the place,don't know what to do,she4 won't talk about it.
    neverme Posts: 1,430, Reputation: 270
    Ultra Member

Jan 20, 2010, 06:34 PM

Well I think more information would be helpful to get a better grasp of what is going on in your relationship.

But my initial reaction is that if she is not willing to talk about it then you need to go, if only until the dust settles.

Your kids don't need to be around fighting.

By all means that does not mean walk off into the sunset never to be seen again, sometimes we all just need some time to cool off.

In the heat of the moment we can say things we don't mean and make situations worse.

Tell her calmly that you will go, but that you really feel you need more discussion at a later date.

Finally, make sure your kids know that you aren't going anywhere for good.
    roxypox Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 328
    Ultra Member

Jan 20, 2010, 06:36 PM

Can you please fill in somemore details?

Why does she want you to leave?
    How long have you been together?
    How many kids/age?

Have the two of you tried conseling?
    IS that an option?
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Jan 20, 2010, 09:36 PM

Yes, more info is needed but I must tell you that if she doesn't want to work out whatever there is that needs to be work out then there is nothing you can do. A relationship takes two for it to work not one.

Now, I understand you love your kids and will miss living with them but know as a father you have rights too just in case she try to use them as a pawn. This is why we have courts and she might take you for child support>>just a thought. Hope you come back with more info.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2010, 06:32 AM

I need to know a little bit more information in order to give you a better response
    justmocha Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2010, 01:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by neverme View Post
    Well I think more information would be helpful to get a better grasp of what is going on in your relationship.

But my initial reaction is that if she is not willing to talk about it then you need to go, if only until the dust settles.

Your kids don't need to be around fighting.

By all means that does not mean walk off into the sunset never to be seen again, sometimes we all just need some time to cool off.

In the heat of the moment we can say things we don't mean and make situations worse.

Tell her calmly that you will go, but that you really feel you need more discussion at a later date.

Finally, make sure your kids know that you aren't going anywhere for good.
    I agree. A little information as to what resulted in mom's decision would be more helpful in answering your question.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ex not on lease will not leave.landlord gave her 30 days.still won't leave? [ 12 Answers ]

My ex girlfriend and I were on a lease and it expired 7/15/09. I signed a new lease with only me on it. She will not leave. She stated the landlord had to give her 30 more days to leave. The landlord then sent a certified letter stating she had to leave in 30 days. She will not leave. What rights...

Could I have to leave my kids in her hands? [ 16 Answers ]

My ex's mother is trying to get visitation rights to my children after failng a full-custody suit from a year and a half ago. She does not have a good track record with my kids safety, let alone rearing her own kids. She tried accuse me of anything she coud to take my kids. None of her false...

Did your mother leave? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I really didn't know where to post this, was going to put it in parenting, but wasn't sure. Anyway, this might sound like a strange question to ask, and I hope I don't offend anyone at all, but... Usually, it's the father that leaves, say if the parents split up, or whatever reason, it's...

Can I leave the state with my kids? [ 1 Answers ]

I Live in Virginia and I share custody of my children with their father I can no longer afford to live in the state because they decrease my child support can I leave the state with my kids?

Parent's aren't getting along! Should my mother leave him? [ 5 Answers ]

My mom and dad are constantly fighting over bills. My dad had a good job until he lost it. Now he's a handyman and bringing money home when he feels like it. Our rent is high and the bills are a lot. My mother is always living paycheck to paycheck and crying all the time over later bills and losing...

View more questions Search