Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    terryanderson Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2010, 06:18 PM
    Free questions about withdrawals on 401K at age 60
    Retiring at age 60. Do medicare and social security have to be taken out of withdrawals?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jan 21, 2010, 06:55 AM

No. Withdrawals from a 401(k) or IRA are not salary. Consequently your withdrawals also do not add to your SS pay with respect to building SS "credits." And remember that you already paid medicare and SS tax on your contributions.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

401k withdrawals [ 1 Answers ]

I am currently employed full-time and made withdrawals from my 401k account in 2008 (I'm older than 59 1/2 years). I know these withdrawals are taxable by the Federal government, but are they taxable by the State of Wisconsin?

Age 70 IRA Required Withdrawals [ 1 Answers ]

What are the required withdrawals from a SEP IRA at age 70? Thanks,

401K withdrawals [ 2 Answers ]

I am 50 Years old with a wife and 3 kids and in desperate need to update my house. I am considering a substantial withdrawal (over 100K) from my 401K that I have been contributing into for near 25 years. Question 1 - My company allows regular withdrawals of after tax contributions and associated...

Hardship withdrawals regarding 401k account [ 2 Answers ]

I am an employee of a fortune 500 company and need emergency funds to prevent foreclosure on my home. I have read some information about hardship withdrawals but want to know if my employer can deny the withdrawal if I meet all the requirements. Is this a federal rule that can't be denied or can...

View more questions Search