Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ecoffey Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2010, 02:28 PM
    Smoke smell in car after fire
    Any suggestions on how to rid a car-specifically the passenger leather seat- of smoke smell. My car was involved in a fire, my entire passenger side was torched and the interior of the passenger door melted. The body has been fixed, but there is still a strong smoke smell. I have had it detailed and new floor mats, etc. but I think the problem lies with the leather passenger seat.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jan 20, 2010, 08:22 PM

There are vendors that specialize in odor remission for concerns such as yours. Searching the internet or contacting local car dealers may be your best bet.
    Unfortunately, so many items in your car's interior may have been permiated with the smoke that nothing short of replacement will totally resolve the problem. They should tell you this before attempting any cleaning.
    Your insurance company should be contacted, particularly if they were involved from the beginning.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do you get rid of smoke smell after house fire? [ 4 Answers ]

House is pretty much gutted. Need to get smoke smell out of my running watch, book bag, and heart rate monitor. What's the best way to do that? Thanks! Rob

What movie is this?around 1990, 2 men, car, threatens to light the car on fire [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I've been trying to work out which movie this is for ages, The name I can't remember but it was made around 1990 and is an american black comedy I think, I don't remember the plot but there is a scene in it where the two men are arguing and one gets into the car and locks the doors, the...

Smoke / Fire Alarm in Kitchen [ 4 Answers ]

Hi. One of the smartest things I did in my addition / remodel project was to install hardwired, interconnected smoke / CO detectors throughout the house. One of the dumbest things I did was put one in my kitchen. Naturally it goes off anytime the oven is used. If I move the kitchen (1st...

Smoke smell in your house [ 3 Answers ]

How can I get the cigarette smell out of my house? Is there not some kind of chemical substance I can use on my walls? I know that when people have lived in an apartment where they have smoked there is something they use to clear out the smell before they let someone else move in.:eek:

Fireplace smoke smell [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I started a fire in the fireplace and now the whole house smells of fire wood smoke.. the flue was open.. and I didn't see the smoke coming in but noweverything smells, my coats, my furniture even my laptop case... What can I do to help get rid of the smell... Its like I live in a log...

View more questions Search