Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jaqson Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2010, 01:43 PM
    Restraining orders?
    Is it possible that I may issue a restraining order for my wife and my child against someone? I know I can do it for my child but is it possible to do it for my wife?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 20, 2010, 01:47 PM

You can't issue a restraining order against anyone. Only a court can. You go to court and request an order showing cause why you want this person to stay away from your wife and child.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jan 20, 2010, 02:27 PM

No your wife has to apply for herself. You can't get it for her. She is the injured party so she must request it. What's really going on here ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Restraining orders and child custody [ 13 Answers ]

If you have a restraining order on a father of your children can they still appeal the restraining order and ask for full custody even when they have never had any custody and only visitaion or been involved child's life?

Restraining orders [ 6 Answers ]

Is it possible for me to place a restaining order against my parents?

Bank Account Restraining orders [ 1 Answers ]

What are these and who can obtain them and in what circumstances and do they have to be applied for through the courts.

Restraining orders [ 2 Answers ]

Can someone please tell me the steps on how to try to remove a restraining order (I am respondent) and also how difficult it is to win? Here's just a quick summary: My boyfriend and I have been together almost 2 years. Last Oct. he relapsed and some harsh words were said between the 2 of us. He...

Restraining orders & a crazy mother [ 2 Answers ]

I'm going to try to make this easy to read & understand. I don't know what to do, what my rights are. Here is my story. *met a single dad in April. His ex-girlfriend, mother of his kids, abandoned their children with him PLUS her 5 year old son from another man *i offered my help and have been...

View more questions Search