Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pandora0316 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2010, 11:33 AM
    1991 Honda Civic - shuts off while driving
    I have a 91 Honda Civic that will shut off while driving. This just started this past weekend. First it took about 20 minutes to start, next time took about 40 minutes, next time over an hour, next time it didn't start (tried for about 2 hours while stuck on the side of the road).
    What could be causing this? It is turning over but not starting. (FYI, just replaced the spark plugs) PLEASE HELP!!
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Feb 1, 2010, 10:13 AM

Please do not double post questions. This is obviously the wrong forum for this type of question, but I see you also asked it in the "Cars & Trucks" forum: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...ng-437154.html
    91honda Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2010, 04:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandora0316 View Post
    I have a 91 Honda Civic that will shut off while driving. This just started this past weekend. First it took about 20 minutes to start, next time took about 40 minutes, next time over an hour, next time it didn't start (tried for about 2 hours while stuck on the side of the road).
    What could be causing this?? It is turning over but not starting. (FYI, just replaced the spark plugs) PLEASE HELP!!!
    Mine is the same way bud, and mine is the distributor
    91honda Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2010, 04:51 PM

Mine is the same way bud, and mine is the distributor, email me at [email protected]

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

98 Honda Civic shuts off while driving [ 13 Answers ]

My 98 Honda Civil LX has recently decided to shut off while driving. I could be driving for three minutes or three hours, it has no preference. It sometimes will turn back on when I restart it, and sometimes not so much. I took it to the shop where they gave it an engine tune up and a new...

98 Honda Civic Shuts off while driving [ 2 Answers ]

Ok here is the freakin problem... I can be driving and my car will completely shut off. The radio will turn off and turn back on, but the power steering goes out, the blinker won't work and then the lights on the dash board will blink on and off with a sound of a clicking noise that sounds...

1999 Honda Civic car shuts off while driving [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 1999 honda civic ex which has 165,000 miles. Within the last few months the car will shutoff while driving. I have no power steering, nothing. I have to pull the car to side of the road and put the car in nuetral to start. Sometimes it will start right away and other times it will take...

Honda Civic shuts off when driving [ 1 Answers ]

I hear a click and then it shuts off when driving. What could be wrong?

Honda Accord 99 shuts off while driving [ 1 Answers ]

Hello! I currently own a honda accord year 99 and I am having problems with the car shutting off while I am driving. I pull over to the side of the road to restart the car and it starts right back up. Then I drive another mile and it shuts off again while I am driving then it restarts itself....

View more questions Search