Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    endsim Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2010, 10:37 AM
    Keeping a business bank account after my corp is dissolved
    I opened a chase bank business account with a tax ID number. I'm dissolving my corp but I want to keep the bank account. Do I have to tell the bank that my tax id number is no longer valid? Does it matter?
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Jan 22, 2010, 02:26 AM

Yes it matters. If they have anything to report (such as interest to the IRA), they'll be reporting it under the wrong ID. Business accounts are also generally more expensive, and just different. You can check whether they'll simply switch it over to a personal account with your name, though I don't know if that'll be any easier than just opening a new account.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Levying someone's business bank account [ 1 Answers ]

I have a two year old judgment against someone in small claims court for $100.00. This man has made no payment arrangements at all. He is a local business man who owns and operates a construction company. Is there any way to place a levy on his business bank account and if so how is this done. If...

Bank Levy of Business Account [ 2 Answers ]

I was just served a summons for a civil case against me personally. If I move all of my checking and savings to a sole proprietorship business account are they safe. What if I incorporate or LLC. I have time and want to ensure accounts are not levied. Thanks

Bank garnishment of small business account [ 10 Answers ]

I'm a barely surviving small retail business owner with a bank garnishment on my business account for personal consumer debts incurred before I had this business. How am I supposed to stay in business if I can't take credit cards or pay my vendors? Can another account be opened in another bank?...

View more questions Search