Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 19, 2006, 11:05 AM
    Ink jet cartridge prices
    So I just went around town to see prices for ink for my Pixma ip4200. Printer cost me $99, ink refill will cost ~$120. I knows I'm not the first to be pissed off at this gauging, I just couldn't but the cartridges, I'd feel so ripped off for some reason. My question is: are there any other option? I'm not found on refill kits, I've seen them gum up an old HP printer of mine. Are there good eBay stores that are reputable and sell for less even with shipping?
    mwarney Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2006, 11:30 AM
    Unfortunately, this is pretty typical for inkjet printers. It often costs more for the cartridges than it does for the printer itself. I learned years ago before buying a printer (or copier or Fax for that matter) to find out ahead of time what it costs to replace the cartridges. This may be a good time to review your printing needs and decide if you should invest in a higher quality printer with more functionality. At least you wouldn't feel quite so bad if the printer cost more than the cartridges.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 19, 2006, 12:27 PM
    This is not atypical, since manufacturers make more money on consumables. They almost give the printers away figuring they will make it back on consumables.

However, I would suggest you take a look at the HP 7360 before you spend money on replacement inks. The 7360 is faster than the 4200, printing a 4x6 photo in about 1/3 the time. It has a 6 ink system with 5 colored inks and black. HP's system uses a closed reservoir which wastes less ink than open systems like on the Canon. The 7360 also has a 3" LCD touch screen, memory card reader and separate 4x6 paper tray. It also reads video from the memory cards and allows you to freeze frames and print them.

A full set of the 6 cartridges goes for less than $70. You should be able to find the 7360 on sale for $159 during the holiday season.
    connorjohn Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2013, 03:23 AM
    Inkjet cartridge prices vary from printer to printer because all the inkjet printers are not of same type. I am using Inkjet printer for Inkjet Coding which was bought by me about 1-2 years back from "citronix uk" which is offering Inkjet coding and Marking services in UK.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Increasing prices [ 5 Answers ]

I need to write a letter that talks about a price increase. Anyone got any suggestions for wording?:)

Different prices for 14-2 NM [ 3 Answers ]

So I can get 14-2 NM w ground at the big store off the spool for something like $0.43/lin ft w/out tax. I can buy 250 ft of 14-2 NM-B w ground prepakaged on the shelf behind me for something like just under $60, tax not included... compared to $107.5 at the spool price. Don't know the grade of...

No Hot Water Pressure in Bathroom Cartridge Faucet [ 7 Answers ]

I have no hot water pressure in one of my sinks in the Master bath. All other faucets in the bathroom are fine and cold water comes out of the problematic faucet with ease. I have reviewed some of the similar posts and opened up my single handle faucet to clean the cartridge. The cartridge was...

Remove shower cartridge [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Moen shower control, about 20 years old, no model number evident. The flow, both hot and cold, seems to have gradually diminished. The handle freely moves to both extremes as well as off-on. I tried to remove the cartridge to look for a clog, but couldn't figure out how. I was able to...

Ink jet printers [ 1 Answers ]

?? I've had 3 computers and have had 3 printers and HAVE USED WIND. 98, 98se AND NOW Xp . My printers were Lexmark Z22, cannon i320 and Hp 3322. In each case they all print approx. 33% smaller then what shows on the monitor! Is this simply a fact that all printers print 33% smaller or is it...

View more questions Search