Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    janep Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2006, 10:47 AM
    Divorce and Moving Out of FL
    Short story - My ex had a 2 year affair, left myself and my 3 young children for another woman. We divorced. I will now be moving back to NJ where I have the support of family and friends.
    Does anyone know how the courts rule in Florida if the husband opposes? There is nothing in my divorce that says that I can't move.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 19, 2006, 10:52 AM
    Is there a custody or visitation agreement? If there is, then he may be able to prevent the move because it will make it more difficult for him to exercize the terms of that agreement. If there in'st any such agreement, it should be easier.

Nov 19, 2006, 10:56 AM
    The divorce custody agreement states that he will see the kids every Wed. afternoon and other time that are agreed upon by both parties. 1. Its very loosely stated. 2. He has not upheld the visitation and sees them about every 10 days to 2 weeks for about 3 hours.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 19, 2006, 11:01 AM
    Doesn't matter whether he has followed the terms of the agreement. The terms exist. Therefore you have to petition the court for a change in the agreement to allow the move.

Nov 19, 2006, 11:05 AM
    Thank you very much for your help. Yes, this was helpful as it gives me a clearer picture.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Nov 19, 2006, 03:55 PM
    Is your ex aware of your plans to move? IF he doesn't contest the move and given that nothing in the original order says you can't, you shouldn't have any problem. If he does contest it, the court will probably still let you move if you can convince them that it's in yours and the childrens' best interests.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Nov 19, 2006, 03:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by janep
    The divorce custody agreement states that he will see the kids every Wed. afternoon and other time that are agreed upon by both parties. 1. Its very loosely stated. 2. He has not upheld the visitation and sees them about every 10 days to 2 weeks for about 3 hours.
    Be sure to tell all of this to the judge (if it gets that far.)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need Help Moving Out [ 7 Answers ]

Here's the story. I'm fifteen years old. I live with my mom and dad. I haven't had contact with one of my sisters for eight years. My parents made sure she couldn't come in contact with me because they thought she'd brainwash me against them. My sister found me on myspace. She's 27 years...

Moving [ 3 Answers ]

I have been living in a friends house (watching over it since NOV 2005) after she moved permatnately back to FL. I have been paying the bills (phone,electric,water) since she left. I had been talking to her about buying the house right after she left and she told me that she would let me know....

Moving? [ 3 Answers ]

My fiancé and I are thinking about moving to Arizona, near laughlin. Can anyone tell me what the weather will be like all year, what kind of job opportunities there are, etc. I've lived in California my entire life and I don't want to jump into something so quickly without knowing anything. Any...

Moving on.. [ 9 Answers ]

Hi! I was just wondering.. I had a very intense friendship/relationship with my best guy friend.. and because it got really complicated I asked him to choose.. friends or couple. He chose friends. How long do you suggest I wait before going into a new relationship? (I really got screwed up in...

Moving in [ 8 Answers ]

Does everyone get scared of the transition of moving in with their other half? Is there any right/wrong way of going about it, or a way to allay these fears? Is it a learning process to live with someone else, or should you be able to just do it? My other half is worried that it might wreak...

View more questions Search