Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jan 20, 2010, 02:58 AM
    So I bought a new laptop.
    Really stoked that it arrived in 2 days... then I boot it up and what do I see? (attached)

(I put a white background on screen)

How does this even get past quality control?
    I've already contacted my point of sale for an RMA, but should I contact Acer about this also? I know at the companies I've worked at we'd want to know about quality control issues - but I guess acer is a different fish in terms of volume.
    I'm right that it's a problem on acer's end rather than my point of sale?

Any advice?
    Attached Images

Xapafe Posts: 51, Reputation: 3

Jan 20, 2010, 11:19 AM
    it could be different things.
    The shipping process could have rattled it around enough to mess up the screen components. I would just call and raise a little cain! ^^

I don't think it was your fault in any way.
    I would say it got past inspection or just the shipping process hurt it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Connecting laptop to laptop using crossover cable [ 4 Answers ]

I have recently just bought a new laptop with Windows Vista.. and I am interested in transferring my files from the old laptop that uses Windows XP onto the new laptop. I purchased a crossover cable because I figured it would be the cheapest way to transfer. I am not too sure how to go about...

How do I reboot my laptop because I have forgot my password to sign in to my laptop [ 3 Answers ]

How do I reboot my laptop beacause I have forgot my password to sign in to my laptop

How to shift my PC data to laptop, bt laptop is at other place? [ 8 Answers ]

I have a PC now I am shifting to delhi for 2 months for my summer training , I need to shift my PC too so that I can use my data over there... but I can not shift it ,is there any other option so that I can use my data over there witout having my PC... I will be having a laptop over there,but that...

I bought a bike and the person I bought from sold it [ 6 Answers ]

I bought 2 dirt bikes the were listed on carig list in ny so I want and saw the bike and agreed that I will give him the full asking price for both which was $650 total of $1300. I paid in cash I get a resit and a bill of sale for both. I told him I was going to get the bikes in couple of weeks...

Laptop screen repair? Useful life of a laptop? [ 3 Answers ]

I have an IBM Thinkpad X40. Have had it for 3 years Spilt liquid on the screen a while ago and now, although the screen works still, it has a kind of mottled tidemark effect and is dark in places (can also see where drops of water are permanently "stuck" behind the screen). Is this fixable?...

View more questions Search