Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    plnetsol Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2010, 08:59 PM
    ITT General Controls thermostat went out
    Hi everyone, I stumbled across this site today after my thermostat went out.

It's a T80BV100 ITT General controls thermostat. I disconnected it from the wall and exposed two black unlabeled wires. For the record it says for use with millivolt and B54M gas valve only.

My question is regarding its replacement. Since it's an older home with an older thermostat I want to somewhat modernize the look of the room with a new digital thermostat. As I understand it has to be millivolt compatible? Correct? Is there anything else I should be looking for or if anyone can recommend one I would greatly appreciate it.
    Thanks
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2010, 09:14 PM
    What kind,brand,model number of heat system?
    plnetsol Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2010, 09:19 PM
    It's for an old floor gas furnace that's in our hallway. This house is roughly 50+ years old.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 20, 2010, 12:37 AM
    As I understand it has to be millivolt compatible?

Yes millivolt compatible

Battery operated.
    Xenamare Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2013, 08:56 PM
    I have the same thing and the same situation and I don't know about how to fix it ?
    I am on a fixed income and can not afford a service call or pay by the hour for a company to find out my problem ?

[email protected]
    Randman1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2013, 11:39 AM
    Hi, I just installed a new old wall heater in my garage. It also has the ITT general control. I used a Honeywell thermostat RTH221B. You only use the R and W ports in thermostat and hook them to the control at the two labeled thermo. Also, it may not have been a t-stat issue, I found the vent control safety needed resetting. This is located close to the top of your unit. Just push the button in the center (doesn't really look like a button) and it will make soft click noise and be reset. They are mounted on a really flimsy bracket and bend easily. This causes contact with the vent, the safety to trip cause the heat from the contact, and not allow gas to flow through control. If bent and touching vent area they will pop again and again. So, just take it off and straighten bracket, and reinstall the safety device.
    Sorry just ran across your Question surfing for knowledge. Your probably done dealing with this by now. Feel free to contact me if any Questions or if you just want to let me know what you have done to repair..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Itt general controls thermostat [ 2 Answers ]

Good morning! I want to replace my ITT General Controls thermostat with a programmable one in order to save some gas. I have an old gas in-floor furnace with the ITT thermostat Cat No. #T80AV100. (Actually the printing on the back of the thermo cover is not very good, so I am inferring that...

Replacing old "General Controls" thermostat. How to determine what the wire do? [ 5 Answers ]

I am replacing an old "General Controls" thermostat, model T-90H110A137, 24 volts max, 0.8 AMP. The wires are labelled but not to the current standard of H1/H2/B/O/RC/RH/G/Y/W. how do I determine which wire is for what? The old thermostat controls a furnace and has a continuous fan option. ...

General controls thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

This control operated these wall units I have never seen. They look like some 1960s specialty with glass in front of unit.

Wiring for new Honeywell thermostat from ITT General Controls [ 10 Answers ]

I have an old ITT General Controls (mercury switch) thermostat for our electric furnace. I am trying to replace it with a Honeywell RTH230b thermostat. The old wiring has four wires (two white and two red) which are attached to screws labeled "F, H1, H2 and V". Looking at the wiring diagram on...

General controls thermostat T99AH [ 2 Answers ]

I am replacing an old ITT General Controls thermostat with a Honeywell RTH7500D. My heating system is a forced air gas furnace (no air conditioning). My old thermostat has 2 wires coming from the furnace, but there are no labels on the old thermostat. Both wires are white. I have no idea where...

View more questions Search