Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2010, 05:40 AM

Neither Clete, Coakley lost because she's a woman. It was that
    Misogynist Massachusetts that defeated Coakley, female attorney general of the state who won that post over a man.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2010, 06:22 AM
    Misogyny?? Not in a liberal state... the libs never practice misogyny.
    Olberman... Malkin is a “big mashed up bag of meat with lipstick.”
    Obama... Palin... "lipstick on a pig" .
    Letterman.. Palin has a "slutty flight attendant look".

Specter recently told Michele Bachmann to "act like a lady" .
    Jerry Adler recently ran a "win a date with Palin contest " article.
    Al Gore's Current TV called Palin Gun-Ho. To my knowledge no one called them out the way Imus was .

And lets not forget that the libs excused the conquests of Bill Clintoon of Gennifer Flowers, Paula Jones, Monica Lewinsky, Katherine Willey, Juanita Broadderick, Elizabeth Ward Gracen, Sally Perdue.I guess his were acceptable because he did not father a child from his affairs.

The examples are endless.
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2010, 07:13 AM

No, no misogyny on the left. Did you catch Jon Stewart ripping Olby?
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2010, 08:24 AM

Will have to catch it later on a different computer.

I would love to see Stewart and Olby in a debate . Oh that's right Olby doesn't have to gonads to have anyone on his show with an opposing viewpoint.
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2010, 08:39 AM

I'm sure you'll appreciate it. By the way, let us all offer a moment of silence for Air America...
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2010, 11:36 AM
    RIP... where will the likes of Ed Schultz and Randi Rhodes spew their bile now ?

Oh that's right... Schultz is on MSNBC
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2010, 12:04 PM

As is Rachel Maddow, and I'm sure Olby will continue to enable Janeane Garafalo's blather.
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2010, 12:11 PM
    The President went to school on the election and decided to renew his populist campaign against the banks yesterday. This is clearly a 'find a scapegoat to take to the woodshed' moment.

At a time when unemployment is at 10% + he is going to wage wars against the institutions that loan money to small businesses that create jobs . Brilliant!

The market reacted predictably to his "Now is not the time for profits" pablum.

His rant against TARP is of course revisionist history .Yes it's true that it was Paulson from the Bush adm. That panicked and rushed the no strings attached bailout through . But ;it was the Democrat leadership ,and the junior Senator from Illinois ,as well as the vast majority of the rank and file Democrats in Congress that passed the $750 billion theft.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2010, 02:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    If I recall even CNN said it was a shot heard round the world (just before the big 3, O'Donnell, Matthews and Olby, said the Dems' only hope was to be more liberal). A Republican hasn't held that seat since Henry Cabot Lodge. It's a state where only 12 percent identify as Republican, where Brown will be the only Republican in the state's congressional delegation. A state which voted for Obama with 61.8% of the vote. It's a pretty significant win.
    So CNN is to be considered the arbiteur of world shattering events. Face it, it is only important to a small number of people, just as the Prime Minister of Australia losing his long held safe seat in the last election to a first time candidate, embarrassing, and difficult to overcome, Yes, but Earth shattering, hardly. The reality is when you take the electorate for granted you suufer the consequences, whether you are a king, a king maker, or a pauper.
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2010, 02:54 PM

Yep, and the market went up Monday - largely on health care stocks - on the belief Brown would win. Today Obama said something about bankers who "click their heels and watch their stocks skyrocket."

Also today he claimed, "this is not about me!" Next thing you know he'll be driving a pickup.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 22, 2010, 03:13 PM

From what I've read about what has transpired since his election I really don't think I like this Scott Brown. He is definitely not what he seems or wants everyone to think he is. He's definitely on the take with his hand out big time. Just wait and see if America gets some sort of "manipulated health plan" courtesy of Brown.
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2010, 03:21 PM

By the way, according to Howard Fineman of Newsweek pickups are racist.

FINEMAN: Maybe not in Massachusetts, but maybe in some places, there are codes, there are images, ah, you know, there are pickup trucks, uh, you could say there was a racial aspect to it one way or another.

OLBERMANN: What were the Scott Brown ads, though? Every one of the Scott Brown ads had him in a pickup truck.

FINEMAN: That’s why I mentioned pickup trucks. I mean, my mind goes back to Fred Thompson down in Tennessee.
    This is all too confusing, is it Massachusetts misogyny, racist trucks or that "'male-dominated' Democratic Party" that brought Coakley down?
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2010, 03:10 AM
    Twink

There is no doubt that at best Brown can be called a moderate. However he made it clear in the campaign that he was the 41st vote against Obamacare.

The Dems are now making hay because he said he thinks that everyone should have health insurance. But this is not new either .Throughout the campaign he said “Health care should be available to all, but I oppose Obama's plan.” It is also a fact that in Mass. He voted for Romney's plan. Throughout the campaign he said each State should come up with the plan best suited for the state.

One should not expect a Republican from the North East to be hard right. They cannot win unless they are so called "compassionate conservative" .

Bottom line,he was a better choice than Coakley ,and can prevent Democrats from pushing their agenda too far. Even Pelosi now says she doesn't have the votes to pass the final package.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2010, 10:19 AM
    What's next from the White House:
    Finally, there is increasingly open Democratic disaffection about the way Mr Obama is managing relations with Capitol Hill. Many believe that Rahm Emanuel, Mr Obama’s aggressive chief of staff, served Mr Obama badly by persuading the president that his election was a transformational moment in US politics that gave him the opportunity to push through long-cherished Democratic goals, such as healthcare reform.

In fact, exit polls from Mr Obama’s election showed that almost two-thirds of the voters cited the economy as their chief concern, with fewer than one in 10 mentioning healthcare. Mr Emanuel is also perceived to have mishandled the day-to-day logistics of getting healthcare through Congress.

By leaving the scripting of the details of the healthcare bill to Democratic leaders on Capitol Hill, the White House openly courted the risk of chaos. Tellingly, in his victory speech in Boston on Tuesday, Scott Brown, the new Republican senator, cited voter disdain for the sight of lots of “old men” on Capitol Hill bickering over healthcare reform at a time when their priority was jobs.

“I haven’t seen Rahm Emanuel except on television,” Jim Pascrell, a Democratic lawmaker from New Jersey, told Politico, the news website, on Friday. “We used to see him a lot; I’d like him to come out from behind his desk and meet with the common folk.”

In short, Mr Obama’s nightmare January could easily slip into a nightmare February. “Unless and until the president changes the way his White House, works, things are going to continue to go badly for him,” says the head of a Democratic think-tank. “Heads still have to roll.”
    FT.com / US / Politics & Foreign policy - White House nightmare persists

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search