Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Axrian Furniss Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2006, 03:25 AM
    Installing Optical Drive
    I have a Pioneer 106D which I wish to install in my computer. I have a CD reader. Should I put the DVD Burner on the same cable as the CD Reader?
    Which should be the master?
    OvenFrank Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2006, 12:28 PM
    No point to have the CD reader anymore. While Pioneer 106D is a slow DVD producer (4x write) comparing to the newer ones which write at 16x or 18x - it will read any CD or DVD.
    You probably have an older motherboard with 2 IDE connectors. So if you want to keep both
    of them - you could have DVD as master, but would not make any difference. You are not going to use the CD reader and burning DVD or CD the same time.
    This is a good DVD burner-although slow-that will not produce coasters.
    Cheeers.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 19, 2006, 12:30 PM
    I agree with making the new drive the master. But, if you copy CDs, it will be easier to do with 2 drives. I would put them both on the same cable.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Code 19 with my Optical drives! [ 14 Answers ]

I was cleaning out my hard drive and streamlining my startup files and when I was done neither of my optical drives worked (CDRW and DVD+RW - both Buslink). Neither of them show up in "My Computer" and both have yellow !'s next to them in the device manager. At first when I clicked on them in the...

SEM vs Optical Microscopy [ 4 Answers ]

Why does a scanning electron microscope have better depth of field than an optical microscope? Thanks Ellen

Cool Optical Illusions [ 3 Answers ]

Of course the old favorites are cool, but this one is TOO COOL!: http://www.ebaumsworld.com/castle-illusion.html (this is one you have to stare at for 30 seconds... and I promise nothing will jump out at you) Anyone got a link to some cool new ones other than the ones that have been around for...

Installing operating system on external drive [ 5 Answers ]

Can you please give me any help on installing Win98se on an external hard drive ? My main OS is Win XP and I can't seem to install 98se on the external drive. I can't boot up XP in DOS. Any help would be greatly appreciated. As I have several old programs which I can't use on XP. Such as Adobe...

Installing window's onto 2nd hard drive from a computer already running window's? [ 7 Answers ]

How do I Install window's onto 2nd hard drive from a computer already running window's? I fixing a computer for a friend and I need to reinstall windows onto his hard drive but that's all I have is the hard drive... I have 2 computers one running xp and one running me what would be the...

View more questions Search