Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    QiLady Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2010, 05:21 PM
    Gas Dryer Installation
    I'm not asking about HOW to do this but want some words of wisdom if possible. It may sound like a silly question but I am trying to reconcile this in my mind.

My present gas dryer is not working and I need to replace it. I just checked out gas dryers at both Lowe's and Home Depot. The prices are comparable but the shocker was that Lowe's quoted a $260 charge to install it!! Home Depot quoted a price of $60. A difference of $200 for installation seems totally unreasonable.

Thanks for any advice.

Diane

My question is could Lowe's be doing anything that Home Depot maybe isn't (other than overcharging)? Might it matter? What kind of questions might I ask to find out?
    caibuadday Posts: 460, Reputation: 10

Jan 18, 2010, 06:16 PM

You could ask them what the $260 included with?. needed new hose for vent, gas valve/ hose etc.. The $60 may be just for labour only.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Whirlpool Gas Dryer Installation Manual? [ 1 Answers ]

I have been give a very old Whirlpool Gas Dryer from my a friend and our plummer friend needs the installation instructions before he'll install it. The model number is 3LXI5503101 but can't find anything on the net about this model. Its over 20 years old and we need to know the GAS volume...

Installation of a gas cooktop over a gas oven [ 1 Answers ]

I want to install a gas cooktop over a built-in gas oven in a under the counter cabinet.. I understand that this configuration is not normally done.. (installation is normally a gas cooktop with an electric built-in oven combination)... Is there a code specification that I must follow for this...

New gas dryer installation [ 1 Answers ]

Trying to install a Whirl Pool gas dryer with 15/16" flare gas line to an existing 3/8" flare gas valve. Can anyone help? HappyGuy54

4 prong plug for dryer - new dryer installation [ 3 Answers ]

We are installing a new dryer with a 220 volt 4 prong plug, old dryer had only 3 prongs How is the house wiring attached to new receptacle? cgfryar

View more questions Search